Discussion: McGahn: 'Unlike Some' I Won't Do Paid Speeches, Books Post-WH, Just Practice Law

Shorter McGahn: “working for Trump harmed my reputation. I plan to hide that and hope people forget.”

18 Likes

And maybe , just maybe the Trump Stank will wash off and I won’t be disbarred for being within a mile of his skanky ass

7 Likes

If Gorsuch and Kavanaugh are “accomplishments”, I’d hate to see his failures.

19 Likes

Best way to avoid disbarment is to lie low, and hope no one pays any attention to you any longer.

11 Likes

… and continue to serve as a party apparatchik in the service of turning the Judiciary into a far right Christian bastion of judicial activism.

12 Likes

…I don’t do speeches.*

*Congressional subpoenas notwithstanding

8 Likes

Outstanding set of comments, leaving nothing left to say!!

2 Likes

“just practice law”

“And someday, God-willing, I may even get good at it”

1 Like

Jones Day has been joined at the hip with the GOP for decades well back into the last century—Scalia and numerous cabinet members have been partners. He won’t write a book because he doesn’t have to—he’ll always have influence and a nice salary.

2 Likes

“I’m no threat, Mr. Trump.”

3 Likes

…on the grounds I might incriminate myself.

3 Likes

" And perhaps, someday, when we are rebuilding the post-Trump Republican Party from scratch, i will be recognized as an Elder Statesman and allowed into the Central Commita (should I live so long)."

nailed it

3 Likes

No worries…

You will be written about, anyway.

1 Like

Is it possible that he’s actually ashamed of wrapping himself in the Rump’s filth?

1 Like

Don’t do us any favors. You’ve hardly covered yourself in honor.

2 Likes

Well he’s got that pesky attorney-client privilege thing going on…

1 Like

Shorter McGahn: I believe in omertà. Paul Ryan’s idea of keeping it in the family sounds right to me.

2 Likes

Wasn’t he part of the attempted Rob Porter cover up and the Security Clearance notwithstanding an Order of Protection on his record?