Discussion: McConnell Shows His Cards: I Hope Trump Will Sign Bipartisan Border Bill

2 Likes

:thinking:

13 Likes

McConnell still has making someone a one-term president on his bucket list. Just saying.

37 Likes

“That being said, McConnell has a notorious hatred of shutdowns and has been eager to see a solution from the bipartisan group.”

In other words his phones are ringing off the hook in his offices and constituents are telling him get something done or your ass is grass.

8 Likes

“I think Chairman Shelby and the Democrats on a bipartisan basis did a good job,” McConnell said Tuesday afternoon. “From a Republican point of view, there is money for new barrier fencing and no cap on internal enforcement.”

“It’s not everything the President hoped to get, but I think it’s a good step in the right direction. I hope he’ll decide to sign it” he continued. “We’re all quite interested in that, as you can imagine.”

13 Likes

“It’s not everything the President hoped to get, but I think it’s a good step in the right direction. I hope he’ll decide to sign it”

Translation: Sign the damned thing then go sit in your corner and sulk. I’ve had just about enough of your childishness.

Translation: Your stupidity is starting to hurt us.

11 Likes

He didn’t commit to bringing the Bill to the floor fir a vote.

2 Likes

I hope he’ll decide to sign it

I have to admit…a part of me kinda hopes he doesn’t :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Oooooh…showdown at the OK Corral.

Hannity, Coulter and the other usual whack jobs are booing, taunting and pushing Spankee in one direction, Yertle is threatening to rip his nuts off if he goes there. Spankee’s gotta decide who he’s more scared of.

Decisions, decisions. Wonder what Pootie is whispering in his ear. Or perhaps he’s just laughing watching Spankee twisting in the wind.

For the first time Spankee is getting a megadose of reality. Just in time to be all warmed up for Mueller Time.

Is it wrong that I’m laughing??

22 Likes

He will. He caved once to the pressure. It only gets easier with practice.

6 Likes

Warning that listening to the right wing talk-only crowd might not be wise. There is a country to run.

2 Likes

I know what you mean. I just keep reminding myself that thought is bad karma. Then I do some Lamaze breathing. Then I get another glass of wine.

6 Likes

Then repeat? :grinning:

3 Likes

“From a Republican point of view, there is money for new barrier fencing"

From a Fox & Fiends point of view, there is “$1.4 billion for 55 miles of border wall,”

From a Coulter point of view, “Call this his ‘Yellow New Deal’.”

Today’s GOP, the very, very, truly bigly tent party, believe me.

8 Likes

As I posted elsewhere I think McConnell wants Trump to reject the deal. The shutdown would then be Trump’s fault and the GOP establishment can start putting some distance between themselves and Trump. The strategy is in picking issues that they can use to start peeling the base away from Trump (e.g. Syria pull-out, not shutting down the government, etc.).

Trump support is not sustainable. They’ve already lost Koch support come 2020.

5 Likes

End condition:
Until he is in jail!

3 Likes

6 Likes

Better late than never !

8 Likes

"I hope he’ll decide to sign it”

I think McEvil McYertle should consult with President Coulter and Vice President Hannity before he gets his hopes up.

3 Likes

I hope he’ll decide to sign it” he continued. “We’re all quite interested in that, as you can imagine.”

Especially since, that decision will determine if the bill is even brought to the floor of the Senate. He’d better wait for Rush to weigh in before he schedules that vote, though. Both Hannity and Coulter are against it.

And we all know what THAT means.

1 Like