Discussion: McConnell: I Don't Know What Kind Of Health Care Bill Trump Would Sign

2 Likes

That suck up at the end… that was the nod to Bannon, et al that he is getting nervous about keeping his leadership position in the senate. Why he almost sounds as grovelling as a Trump Cabinet Secretary.

Asked about Trump’s comment that he would not blame himself for legislative inaction, McConnell
said, “Well, I think he’s getting a lot more done than he’s giving everybody credit for.”“I think the President ought to give himself a little more credit,” he added.

19 Likes

McConnell obviously has not been listening. DT will sign the best health insurance, beautiful insurance, everybody covered for $12 a year. Pass and he’ll sign it.

22 Likes

That suck up at the end… that was the nod to Bannon, et al that he is getting nervous about keeping his leadership position in the senate. Why he almost sounds as grovelling as a Trump Cabinet Secretary.

Elaine will give him hell, if he annoys the boss…

8 Likes

Continued Mitchy, “But whatever it is, I’ll make sure it gets to his desk!

1 Like

Trump would sign anything he could put his name on. He doesn’t care what the bill contains.

16 Likes

something named “not-obamacare”?

23 Likes

He said he’s “waiting” to “hear from” Trump about what kind of legislation he would be willing to sign.

Trump: Just kill ObamaCare even if it means no one (other than me) gets health care. Get that black guy off my mind.

13 Likes

Neither does he, Mitch.

8 Likes

Here are the parameters of what Trump has indicated he will sign:

A bill that covers every U.S. citizen and provides better and more health care coverage at a cheaper out-of-pocket cost - what he personally guaranteed.
A bill that results in 23 million more Americans being without health care coverage, including millions on Medicaid and Medicare - which was passed by the House and he called a beautiful bill.

So, Mitch, exactly how specific are you expecting him to get?

24 Likes

No can do. Presdient Obama maintains a permanent residence in what passes for Rump’s mind.

This will remain true until Rump is screwed into the cold earth.

17 Likes

I’m not an expert on Washington-speak but how is this not straight-up mockery and disdain? McConnell’s saying Trump is too clueless to pick up the phone and discuss what he’d support with the people who have to work to craft the legislation and line up the votes.

26 Likes

But, Trump should give himself a little more credit for what he’s done…

3 Likes

He’s just doing what everyone in that town knows you have to do to get anywhere with the current occupant. Means nothing.

8 Likes

That’s what people don’t understand. He has no ideology, no set of beliefs, nothing. He just wants the appearance of winning. He’d just as soon sign the Medicare For All bill as he would a blanket repeal bill.

17 Likes

How about passing a veto proof bipartisan bill?

11 Likes

And Trump won’t see beyond the words to recognize the additional sarcasm.

5 Likes

Suck up harder Mitch. Harder!

1 Like

Mitch, you know this is NOT the way to lead the U. S. Senate!

You have become “SUBMISSIVE” to this FAKE POTUS!!!

SHAME ON YOU!!!

1 Like

Not sure how Mitch gets this through the obstructionist in the House. Ryan is unlikely to bring anything forward that does not meet the Hastert Rule (the majority of the majority) and the majority of the House has already spoken. Moreover, the so-called Republican Study Commission has indicated that the Alexander-Murray plan is an unacceptable bailout of Obamacare. So, unless Ryan grows a set (unlikely), this plan goes nowhere.

2 Likes