Discussion: Matthews Blasts Cruz: SCOTUS 'Seized' 2000 Election, 'You Did Not Complain' (VIDEO)

Discussion for article #238269

““Those are good talking points,” Cruz shot back with a smile.”
In other words, Cruz was completely exposed and busted by Mathews. But Cruz’ smile shows that he knows none of the other mainstream media members will be so truthful to confront him with facts like that. Certainly no one on the Sunday talk shows will.

34 Likes

Alberta Rafael also didn’t complain about “unelected judges” when the Citizens United ruling came down.

32 Likes

Best “smarmy” look in Congress belongs to Ted Cruz!

TOP DEFINITION
smarmy
A certain attitude often accompanied by a squinty look and a superior smile that makes you instantly hate a person. Similar to snobby.
He/she/it is totally smarmy, I want to punch them in the face.

14 Likes

Matthews didn’t “blast” anyone,he kissed cruz’s ass.It’s the Comcast effect on msnbc

7 Likes

Totally agree, when I see/hear him he makes my skin crawl.

2 Likes

A “smarmy looking” face!

http://www.burntorangereport.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/ted-cruz-smarmy.jpg

7 Likes

“Those are good talking points,” Cruz shot back with a smile.

Says the guy who was seconds earlier spouting off RNC talking points of “tyranny” and “unelected judges”. Sucks when you get caught in a lie, doesn’t it Ted?

15 Likes

Backpfeifengesicht

German compound word for a ‘face that should be slapped’

10 Likes

Ted Cruz makes Richard Nixon look like Ryan Gosling. Good God, the man is ugly.

7 Likes

That is a good point, that was probably the biggest power grab by the court. Basically choosing the president. It also makes Scalia or Alito look more foolish when they rant about the will of the people but have no problem stripping authority from them, individual group rights or whatever when it tickles their fancy.

The president thing still is not that logical. The SCOTUS ruling even said it could not be used as precedent. Very strange considering that one off rulings would then be set to be any crazy old thing so long as they could not be used as cannon.

6 Likes

How dare Matthews hit him with things like facts and truth! Doesn’t he know how things are done in today’s GOP? They won’t let their campaigns be dictated by stupid fact checkers…and facts…and common sense…and logic…and humanity…

3 Likes

If the republican base understood hypocrisy, there wouldn’t be a republican base…

So Cruz has no problems here.

If the media actually challenged republicans on their doublespeak and BS, the party would not be laughed out of existence…

So no problems for Cruz and his ilk there either.

3 Likes

Or common decency…

1 Like

The face you call “smarmy”, I call Grandpa Munster.

Granpa Munster, indded. He doesn’t even need the make-up.

Matthews hit Cruz with lolly pop after lolly pop, then he changed the rules and asked a tough question and didn’t smile when Cruz deflected it with an approved line. Instead he gave an obvious rejoinder and Cruz folded like a cheap suit.

Cruz is supposed to be the greatest debater of our age. If he falls to Chris Matthews this easily, it is pretty clear our age hasn’t produced very competent debaters.

8 Likes

Actually I’ve read that his college competitors/team members say that you can throw him right off his game if you poke holes in his debating methodology. A good debater actually has to be able to think on their feet. It appears that he doesn’t actually hold that superpower.

5 Likes

It’s about time someone in the media called out the hypocrisy. Now if only more would either play that tape on an endless loop or start challenging these moron GOP candidates with their whinging about an activist SCOTUS, we might get some honest discussion.

I won’t hold my breath - I don’t look that good in blue.

2 Likes

largely cordial

Comcast must have a piece of Ted’s book 'cuz Tweety sold it like Willard Scott announces birthdays before he unwrapped his rusty shiv. Ted’s deer in headlights micro expressions during the Hagel bit and the SCOTUS 2000 dust up were priceless and show Ted not only deflates quickly when humor is deployed but also under an aggressive attack.

2 Likes