Discussion: Mark Kirk's Campaign Website Said He Was An Iraq War Vet: He Wasn't

Man some folks are not only sad pathetic pieces of shit, they are really dumb to think people wonā€™t catch them.

16 Likes

Yeah, weā€™re despicable.

1 Like

Kirk is a veteran of every war the United States has been involved in since 1776. He is older than he looks.

13 Likes

I swear thatā€™s a Twilight Zone episode starring Kevin McCarthy.

11 Likes

Absolutely deplorableā€¦

2 Likes

So, stipulating that Mark Kirk is an odious assburgerā€¦

I have a National Defense Service Medal from the Gulf War, although I served stateside. What is the correct term for people like me? Iā€™m a veteran who served during the Gulf War. Did I need to shoot bullets (or, say, fly a bomber since I was USAF) to ā€œcountā€ as a Gulf War veteran? If it ever comes up - and it almost never does - I tend to use ā€œnon-combat veteranā€.

I have no doubt Kirk is trying to make it appear that he was in country, working with SEAL Team 6 or something. But I didnā€™t - until now? - have problems with people who served during War X to call themselves ā€œWar X Veteran.ā€

Iā€™m open to changing my view; how do non-military people see it?

1 Like

Isnā€™t Republican and liar in the same sentence redundant?

2 Likes

If there is one thing ONE thing that vets cant stand is people who claim to be in combat when they wernt those who claim to put out there that they deserve the praise all combat vets deserveā€¦when they didnā€™t do shitā€¦like Saxby Chambliss and Max Cleland or this trud and tammy duckworthā€¦people who Do put their lives on the line and those who pretend to for their own false political valuesā€¦

2 Likes

Kirk is also running a really disturbing ad here in Illinois, interviewing women who supposedly worked under Tammy Duckworth, telling tales of bad things she said and accusing her of protecting Gov Blago. Not pretty. I know the negative ads go both ways, but this one seems extra nasty. Canā€™t wait until this is over and Tammy beats his ass.

4 Likes

and you would be right

5 Likes

All this to counter an actual Iraq war vet, who lost her legs in service to her country. What a creep.

9 Likes

Once again- the REAL voter fraud is perpetuated by the GOP. They will do ANYTHING to get elected- Lie, cheat, steal, break into Watergate, ask Putin to hack into Americaā€™s political system and inflate a military record. DEPLORABLE!!

3 Likes

My motherā€™s two brothers were in the Navy during WWII. One served on a ship in the Pacific, the other had eye problems and spent the war behind a desk in NYC. The latter always referred to his military service as ā€˜stateside support.ā€™

4 Likes

Lying about a personā€™s military service is only acceptable when it is done by Republicansā€¦

John Kerry is the gold-plated standardā€¦

5 Likes

ā€œCampaign officials said a third-party vendor had drafted the language that they said had not been vetted or reviewed by the senatorā€™s staff,ā€ CNN reported.

Lol. So you are just incompetent and irresponsible?

7 Likes

As long as he was at risk of contracting an STD, its the same thing as being in a war.

2 Likes

He could say ā€œhe served in the military.ā€ And leave it at that. Even that is more than most of the members of Congress.

3 Likes

There needs to be a health standard in congress along with an upper age limit as long as gerrymandering is sabotaging the will of the people. This guy would have been gone long ago.

IIRC, employers, especially fed and state govts, started using the term ā€œVietnam-era veteranā€ to distinguish between those who served in-country and, say, those who defended Colorado Springs against the slopes. (Not my joke, a doctor friend told it because he went skiing every chance he could while stationed there. And he was adamant about correcting people who thought heā€™d served in Vietnam.)

1 Like