Discussion: Maria Butina Pleads Guilty To Conspiracy

2 Likes

Sometimes you have to take a step back and try to look at this stuff with year-2000 eyes (if you dare, with your 1980 eyes).

NBD, just a Russian spy posing for photos with a bunch of national-stage Republican politicians.

(!!!)

62 Likes

I did not know that red sparrows could sing…

21 Likes

I imagine Wayne is shitting himself right about now.

41 Likes

Maria Butina can be invaluable in taking down the Russian money laundering terrorist group the NRA.

55 Likes

So what does this mean? Does she stay here and go to jail or is she expelled back to Russia?

6 Likes

I am not sure that Maria will be looking forward to going home to Mother Russia any time soon.

20 Likes

The best part about a conspiracy is the co-conspirators.

Sometimes even the unindicted ones.

27 Likes

But in a surprising turnaround for the gun-toting Siberia native, she has struck a deal to cooperate with federal investigators.

Does she remain jailed? If she's freed it would take all of a couple hours for her to walk into the Russian Embassy and there goes your cooperation agreement.
7 Likes

John or Bruce?

3 Likes

Eventually she’ll be swapped for one of our spies in Russia.

1 Like

Manafort, Flynn, Cohen, Pecker, and now, Butina all wrapped up. The dominos have started to fall and they won’t stop until the President and all his men are torn asunder.

21 Likes
10 Likes

Looking forward to hearing all of the Republican Senators’ excuses.

13 Likes

That should put a smile on Bill Clinton’s face.

8 Likes

If she’s cooperating, I’d assume she gets to stay for now. After that, ironically enough, she may need to request asylum from an Administration that hates the very idea of asylum.

11 Likes

With individual 1 (torshin) either dead or exiled, i wonder if butina will want political asylum as part of the plea/cooperation agreement in exchange for throwing erikson under the bus?

Shit if you were her would you want to return to russia? Or if she stayed here would there be a price on her head…

8 Likes

Looking for a non-extradition country with oen carry gun laws. Somalia?

8 Likes

She’s white

15 Likes

She might be Trump’s next fling! Malaria is getting a little long in the tooth.

10 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available