Discussion: Man Arrested For Wearing 'Basket Of Deplorables' Shirt At Texas Polling Place

1 Like

Bundys: He should have just taken over the entire polling place as his refuge with guns and ammunition. Its his right.

30 Likes

More like basket case, I think

7 Likes

Speaking of the Bundy’s, I don’t think that TPM has offered up this little nugget:

Seems like Bundy’s attorney threatened the judge because she decided to remand them to NV and not let them go free and was subsequently tased by the marshals.

17 Likes

I suppose he could have worn a “grab them by the p****” t-shirt, and gotten the same point across.

Which is he’s a deplorable Trump supporter.

7 Likes

Big Respectable got to the Bulverde police, it seems. :unamused:

1 Like

If you don’t ‘get’ it sir, maybe you should’ve asked for an absentee ballot. Then you could vote in your jammies and save $700 bucks.

10 Likes

Egad, his face looks like he’s been soaking in a vat of red dye no. 2.

15 Likes

I think it was in the 1st story - that he got unruly and deputies ‘tackled’ him. Taseing would just make it even more of a circus I guess.

6 Likes

Considering that the guy’s law license seemed like it came out of a crackerjack box, you’d think he’d take a miracle win and not push his luck.

14 Likes

Mauthe told local TV station KSAT that he removed his Trump hat but refused to turn his T-shirt inside-out, saying he was unaware it constituted a violation of the election code.

Bet a dollar that he and the sheriff were arguing over what constitutes ‘free speech’.

8 Likes

“I went up there and talked to him. I told him, ‘I support you and I appreciate what you’re doing. It’s your right, but you’re going about it the wrong way here.’ The election code has very specific rules,” Haecker told the Herald-Zeitung. “These are the rules and you have to abide by the rules.”

I applaud the application of the rules here – that should be a given – but I have to ask: Why did this LEO feel it necessary to interject his own feelings of support (I assume for Trump) here? It validates nothing and isn’t relevant to the job.

17 Likes

its an unfortunate side-effect that comes from arguing with cops.

3 Likes

Every four years, some asshole participates for the first time and decides that everything he’s never seen before is evidence of a conspiracy.

12 Likes

Whoa! My Deplorable County makes the national news! I voted yesterday. I did have an issue with the computer that I need to report. I figured out how to get it work, but not everyone can do that. Thanks for reminding me.

3 Likes

My my, this does not bode well for Dinky Donnie’s Suppress the Democratic Vote drive, now does it? No hostile T shirts in Texas probably means no hostile loaded guns anywhere, right? RIGHT??

2 Likes

prolly a form of de-escalation, but I wish that he had chosen better words as well.

8 Likes

He should’ve stayed out of Violet Beauregarde’s gum supply.

4 Likes

Hmm, I wonder if my puddy cat ears will be considered electioneering?

7 Likes

Yes, I hope his Sargent give an earful. (Feeling optimistic today)

1 Like