Discussion: Luck Of The Irish: Paul Ryan Pushes For Influx Of Irish Visas In Nod To Ancestry

Some of us of Irish descent consider Guinness as a food group on its own. I visited the brewery in 1968 and was treated to a glass or two and left feeling quite well fed.

3 Likes

I’ve only had it once because I’m not much of a beer drinker, I prefer liqueurs and sake, but holy CRAP that stuff is dense. I had to fight to get it down, but I finished it. Definitely not for everyone, but I’m glad I did so

1 Like

Shanda fur di goyim…
What language is this? Goyim is Yiddish but the rest?

I am familiar with Guinness. :beer:

5 Likes

It means you’re embarrassing all your fellow Jews in the eyes of the non-Jews with your bad behavior. “Shanda” is shame.

2 Likes

I don’t blame anyone for wanting to come here, but there’s just so much hypocrisy in favoring immigrants seen as white vs others who might be equally qualified. I recall Irish American women, coworkers of my 1st wife and born here, marrying Irish men and that allowed those men to go for citizenship. Of course, they’re not the only ethnic group who does this.

2 Likes

Anyone capable of shame just won’t do these things. He/she will quit first.

1 Like

Guinness tastes like bread. A line in a song written by Tim O’Brien, an Irish American folk musician

Widmer Hefeweizen, on a hot day, with a wedge of lemon. Heavenly

2 Likes

But, you wouldn’t consider having work visas from this side of the Atlantic. Oh, I see, these are white people. But, aren’t you worried about all that chain migration? Are you a hypocrite?

2 Likes

Boston too. Love to see the footage of ICE trying to do a raid in Southie.

3 Likes

Yeah, it really does, like the darkest, densest bread in liquid form.

1 Like

That won’t sit well with the base.

1 Like

That would not be a pretty sight. Same goes for Dorchester where I grew up.

The Republican schtick for the poor lines right up with back-in-the-day policies of the English landlords: make the starving and half-dead work on useless government projects to ‘earn’ their food because God knows getting something for no work, no effort corrupts the soul. Everyone needed ‘skin in the game.’ Sound familiar? And so thousands of the Irish died building roads to nowhere.

We haven’t reached those extremes. But it’s not for the lack of Republicans trying.

Ghouls, all of them. As for Ryan? The Irish would disown him in a heartbeat.

3 Likes

You have my condolences on your loss.

Racist much?

1 Like

There are a ton of illegals Irish, Canadian, British here. Language is only a minor issue. Early on, there was a wave of deportations. We need more.

Exactly… OH those Gingers…must have more Cheeto Head.

Weeeeeeeellllllllllllllllllllll he did wash clean pots and pans once…

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available