Discussion: Local TX GOP Recruits Poll Watchers With Claim Of 'Voter Fraud' In Dem Areas

1 Like

17 Likes

Thank you for this very important reporting. I continue to tweet and email to organized labor, b/c I think unions who are focused on supporting HRC are an ideal group to train and deploy people to peacefully and legally monitor these “poll watchers” and shield voters from disruption or intimidation.

11 Likes

17 Likes

22 Likes

Hey Texas GOP … Panic much ? ? —

11 Likes

You have to watch out for those wily Texas Democrats. They’re so sneaky that most of the public believes they’ve been out of power for the past 20 years.

21 Likes

6 Likes

We’ve seen this kind of “Republican & Con logic” before when applied to national elections:

17 Likes

I reside in Harris Co TX, but I’ll bet Tarrant Co operates in a similar fashion:

In Harris Co., primaries are held in separate districts according to party affiliation - for example, by my address, I went to my local middle school for the Dem primary and a Rep district also had their primary there - however, for the general election we all go to the same polling place at a local park fieldhouse (which held the Rep primary for a different district and only Rep primary). There are no “Democrat” run general election polling places. This is a shoutout for intimidation in minority majority and Dem majority general election polling places.

F*ck the Tarrant Co. GrOPer party!

14 Likes

Yep, this is what they are calling for, and now with bonus open-carry in Tex-ASS.

7 Likes

These are the kind of people who like to refer to themselves as “patriots.” Slightly ironic.

15 Likes

The kind that flies the “Come and Take It” flag - well this election we just might!

Battle of Gonzales - Come and Take It

3 Likes

Lock. Them. Up.

There’s a federal law against intiimidation, and the national GOP is still under that consent decree forbidding exactly this kind of behavior.

I would, however, be fascinated if a democrat or sane republican attended one of those training courses and happened to accidentally record the “training”.

24 Likes

And I will tell you who they will challenge: It’s POC. I have a friend in Texas who has lived there almost her entire life and is a US citizen who was married to a police officer (he has since passed away). She however, speaks with an accent. She said she was challenged when she tried to vote and told this was the wrong place for her to vote when it was the right place. They also ceaselessly quizzed her before they let her vote. She noticed they did not do it to a white person who was also there to vote.

15 Likes

Yup, I go back to my earlier comment: are there enough law enforcement types that will watch the unofficial poll watchers in open carry with weapons fully visible, or will they turn the other way?

I appreciate the efforts of the State officials, but they cannot be everywhere all the time for that 12 hour voting period. Especially when all resources aren’t on board.

Will Campaign Legal Center have the resources they need to do their jobs, too?

2 Likes

8 Likes

This is going to end in bloodshed. I am deeply sad & troubled by the direction of our racist & anti-government citizens.

7 Likes

Republicans will likely do this kind of thing in so many places that the Justice Department and voting-rights lawyers won’t be able to keep up. Thanks, Supreme Court! Good thing that pesky Voting Rights Act is basically a dead letter!

8 Likes

I would like to once again thank Tierny Sneed for her outstanding reporting of these wonky policy issues, and connecting the larger issues to the fine details. I am always happy to see someone who understands that government and laws are an expression of the collective political will of We The People.

15 Likes