Discussion: Local Fox Station Edits Protest Footage To Sound Like 'Kill A Cop'

Bullshit, which is all we expect from you.

Where’s the proof to support your accusation against NBC News?

And there is no comparison between Fox and MSNBC—none at all.

But since you deal in false equivalence and thick-witted misinterpretation of facts, we don’t expect you to post anything factual.

14 Likes

This qualifies as pretty fucking outrageous.

In fact, this is letter to the FCC outrageous, as in why should a station who does this, AND REFUSES A RETRACTION OR CORRECTION should hold a license. .

7 Likes

I quoted the line about how a lie can travel halfway around the world while the truth is just putting it’s shoes on. They rely on that; the misinformation is already out there and was already being retold before I finally learned of the deliberate deceit. Mission accomplished.

4 Likes

Nobody tells them any better.

No, if it’s addressed it will be stated that some folks heard protestors say…

The local affiliates aren’t always as bad, there is a wide range. It appears that in Baltimore they might even be worse.

1 Like

Some folks = Sean Hannity and Bill O’Reilly

1 Like

NBC even apologized for EDITING THE TAPE to make Zimmerman sound racist. So they admitted doing it, but in your world they did not.

NBC EDIT:
Zimmerman: This guy looks like he’s up to no good. He looks black.

Here’s how the actual conversation went down:
Zimmerman: This guy looks like he’s up to no good. Or he’s on drugs or something. It’s raining and he’s just walking around, looking about.
Dispatcher: OK, and this guy — is he black, white or Hispanic?
Zimmerman: He looks black.

So Zimmerman is not even saying “he’s black” when asked, he is saying “he looks black”.

And there is no comparison between Fox and MSNBC—none at all.
[/quote]
Yes, I said that. MSNBC is bad, FOX is MUCH worse. MSNBC leaves stuff out that does not fit their agenda. FOX makes stuff up to the point of lunacy. But they both contribute nothing to real journalism.

Oh, and I am no fan of Zimmerman, I only used this to show how NBC edited tape to alter the meaning of what a person said. Just like the FOX affiliate did here. This was an affiliate too, NBC did that GZ edited nationally.

FOX is no longer available on DISH network. Strange, I don’t seem to miss it at all. After all, it’s not like we’ve lost a source of news and information.

2 Likes

A Fox affiliate you say? Well, this is surprising. Said no-one, ever.

3 Likes

What the hell does it take to get some attention by the FCC?..Outright lying by a "news report "to fan flames is unacceptable for a license holder.

1 Like

Yes, but how can Daily Show writers who subscribe to DISH get good comedic material now?

1 Like

You’ll lose me every time you try to find a moral equivalence between Fox and MSNBC.

6 Likes

I said they were not equivalent. Making stuff up is far worse morally than just leaving stuff out.

Fox clearly cut off the chant so that it sounded that way. The first time I watched the original video, it does at first sound like “kill a cop” - but then the words afterwards, and the repeated chants, make clear that isn’t what was said.

It’s kind of odd they would feel the need to do this. Why not just play the video of the “what do we want? dead cops” chant? Or was that one also fake?

1 Like

The people who listen to FOX simply do want to be informed. They are miserable people looking for a reason to be angry only. Sadly there are a lot of them.

4 Likes

Makes you wonder if it was a Fox station that “captured” protesters in NYC chanting the same thing. i wouldnt put it past um. After all their saying that the protesters in NYC were sharpton participants when the sharpton march was in DC.

5 Likes

They have used this video to argue on blogs that protesters were advocating the killing of police officers

2 Likes

Hey, Hannitys warmed up and ready to go. Lets ask him for the real update. lol lol

1 Like

The North Koreans should try hacking into Fox and its affiliates. They might learn a few things about how to enhance their propaganda techniques.

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available