Discussion: Lindsey Graham Will Support Trump Plan To Reportedly End DACA

1 Like

I support ending DAQA for Southern Republicans.
Boot them out.

22 Likes

Put Lindsey fucking Graham on the enemies list too. These people need to PAY. Bloody backstabbing un-American traitors. Hope they and ALL their supporters drop dead.

7 Likes

I support the president’s plan, but only if he gives us enough time to dither, act like we’re going to fix the problem, and fail like we always do.

51 Likes

“I have introduced legislation to solve this problem along with Senator Durbin,” he said.

Graham went on to say, “Although Senator Durbin doesn’t agree with me, I propose to identify all ‘dreamers’ 18 years of age and older and immediately conscript them into the U.S. Army and Marine Corps for military basic training. We are going to need as many young combat-ready recruits we can find when we invade the beaches of North Korea.”

8 Likes

Given the speed at which the Senate works, I think he is going need more like two years to get this done.

17 Likes

So they want to cancel DACA and replace it with another DACA with a different acronym but for which no credit goes to Obama and also shifts a lot of money to wealthy people?

Lindsay Graham is still a garbage person.

30 Likes

It doesn’t even make any sense. Nothing stops Trump from requesting Congress to pass a bill to replace the executive act, without threatening or putting a timetable down.
Trump knows Congress will fail, and then he will blame everything on Congress.

22 Likes

Lindsey has never been for children.

7 Likes

"If President Trump chooses to cancel the DACA program and give Congress six months to find a legislative solution, I will be supportive of such a position,”

DACA was enacted in June 2012 so Congress has already had more than five years to find a legislative solution. The only thing it has done in those five years is sue the Obama administration over the program.

26 Likes

they had 7 years to replace ACA and looked what happened…now they have 6 months to replace DACA…

27 Likes

[quote=“phlebas, post:7, topic:61676”]
So they want to cancel DACA and replace it with another DACA with a different acronym but for which no credit goes to Obama and also shifts a lot of money to wealthy people?
[/qu

Plus a provision to repeal Obamacare…

6 Likes

They can’t do it in an election year.
Graham is up for reelection in 2020, so 2019 is no good.
Maybe President Gillibrand can fix it.

6 Likes

John Lovitz voice: “I’m ending DACA to put pressure on Congress to enact permanent legislation to solve the problem. That’s my story and I’m sticking to it.”

Lindsey: “I believe you.” (Aside:“Can someone help me get this shoe polish off my tongue?”)

5 Likes

Or President Kamala Harris or President Adam Schiff or President Al Franken.

I’ll take any of them.

26 Likes

Umm they had 7 years to repeal and replace the aca. If the dreamers have to rely on the GOP they are in some real trouble here

11 Likes

It’s the GOP’s Ben Tre doctrine: In order to achieve our goals, we have to destroy everything that until now has been helping us make the most progress toward them.

11 Likes

Yes; I do not like that man.

4 Likes

The solution here is not to give Congress X number of months for a replacement, but to instead leave the EO in place until Congress has passed a replacement bill. Then reverse the EO.

22 Likes

Scaring vulnerable people like immigrants is GOP recreation. There is no better way to scare them than to threaten their kids.

6 Likes