Discussion: Lewandowski On Manafort Resigning: Trump Camp Didn't Want 'Distraction'

any relationships or ties he has with things taking place overseas That can connect his relationships or ties to cheeto jesus. I wonder if manafort would throw trump under the bus?

3 Likes

Amusing when ratfuckers turn on each other.

6 Likes

9 Likes

Distraction? Is Lewandowski masterfully channelling Eric or did he simply “get the memo”?

5 Likes

Interesting how a day that began with everyone talking about HO’s teleprompter apology ends with a discussion about further turmoil in HO’s campaign. Guess a 6 hour positive cycle is all they can hope for.

6 Likes

Trump Camp Didn’t Want ‘Distraction’
Ya it’s a real distraction when your campaign manager is doing the perp walk in Federal Court .
#Trump: 'As Pres, I’ll surround myself with the best people, amazing people ’ #nevertrump #drumpf #UniteBlue #VoteBlue #liar

6 Likes

Lewandowski actually shared one of the stories about Manafort’s ties to Ukraine on Twitter this week.

And it seems it was he (and Kushner) who clandestinely plotted this coup… and he’s on CNN “analyzing” that coup (and gets paid).

The source said it was Lewandowski, and separately Trump’s son-in-law Jared Kushner, who had been in Trump’s ear with concerns about Manafort and Ukraine: “Corey was trying to give the boss in the impression that any minute now he was going to get caught up in an international money laundering scandal…Paul just bled out.

4 Likes

Well, sure, but that still leaves a hundred Trump staffers from the Krasnoyarsk Tractor Works, the dozen liaison officers from the Vladislav Institute For The Politically Insane, and that stuffed cosmonaut dog in the lobby of Trump campaign headquarters.

19 Likes

Oooh, ouch…Lewandowski knows how to drape the necklace of blazing hot coals around Eric’s neck! They must really be pals!

3 Likes

Regardless of what you think of him, James Carville would eat this little asshole for lunch and spit out a pellet of hair and bones.

17 Likes

Yup…Manafart’s deals and Trump’s NY real estate…yup…

1 Like

“My father just didn’t want to have the distraction looming over the campaign and quite frankly looming over all the issues that Hillary is facing right now,” he later added.

I’m going to choose to misinterpret this as saying Trump’s trying to be nice to Hillary.

3 Likes

So the idea is that as long as he’s not working directly for the campaign, Manafort’s upcoming problems will no longer be newsworthy? Think again, folks. They’ll just have the addition of ex- to campaign manager.

8 Likes

It must be nice to spout the company line while drawing a paycheck from a ‘news’ organization…

2 Likes

Many complain about Trump’s ability to dominate the news cycle, and the complicity of the media in doing it. But I have to think Clinton doesn’t find it too troubling. She has her own mini-dramas swirling about her, legit or not, but most of the time she could be biting the heads off bunnies and draw scant attention with Trump so willing to draw fire ahead of her.

4 Likes

What happened to Carville? Has the perpetually bitter Mary Matalin forbidden him from spectacularly eviscerating GOP National Campaigns? Is he a henpecked husband? I thought of him while watching Billy Bob’s character on Our Brand is Crisis last week.

2 Likes

He’s shown up on Bill Maher’s show this past season a couple of times.

2 Likes

“The distraction of Manafort’s resignation was preferable to the distraction of his arrest at campaign headquarters.”

FIFY

8 Likes

Rump’s entire campaign has been built on admiration for dictators, solicitations from foreign leaders (still ongoing I presume), and love of all things Putin…long before Manafort joined his cadre of criminal collaborators and sycophant yes-men.

What Rump still hasn’t bothered to explain is how the platform plank at the Republican National Convention with regards to Ukraine suddenly changed, and who was responsible for that change. Doubtful Rump knows since he’s clueless about how most things work. But word has it, it was the another unofficial campaign supporter by the name of J.D. Gordon, that was probably in cahoots with Manafort on the Ukrainian platform language…So I guess we’re still waiting to hear how all that happened. Gordon still works on behalf of Rump, doesn’t he? This language was cemented into the entire GOP platform along with all the other usual fare of anti-abortion language, marriage only between a man and a woman, and the ever-loving repeal of the estate tax. Love of mother Russia is now a fucking Republican thing thanks to NATO-hating tRump, with or without Manafort on board. Russia as a central issue in his campaign just doesn’t go away now that Manafort has been asked to resign. Still waiting to hear the press get back to us on all this, but I won’t hold my breath…

5 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available