Discussion: Lewandowski On Manafort Resigning: Trump Camp Didn't Want 'Distraction'

I just find the whole idea of the campaign not wanting a distraction hilarious.

Trump is running it into a brick wall at 120 mph and he doesn’t want take his eye off the track?

7 Likes

Would that be Otvazhnaya or Snezhinka?

2 Likes

He’s been guesting on Taste of Louisiana on PBS. I’m not making this up.

3 Likes

They didn’t want you either, dumb fuck.
Referring to you as a distraction would be a compliment.

1 Like

O I totally believe that. That sounds like it’s right down Carville’s alley.

3 Likes

I want to know how Manafort, the agent of Warsaw Pact nostalgics who miss the USSR, rates such a dignified resignation, when Rump built his whole reality-TV universe around yelling, “YOU’RE FIRED!” Gary Busey must be pissed.

7 Likes

And not demanding a post firing camera interview about how glorious Trump is.

2 Likes

Yes, he didn’t want the distraction of a campaign manager who has probably broken federal law to line his personal fortune. Yeah, just a distraction, folks. Ooh, look at the shiny object over there.

I think the original hiring of Manafort shows the absolute lack of vetting by the Trump campaign. Either they knew about his dealings and hoped nobody would find out, or they didn’t know about his dealings before they put the campaign in his hands. Either way, they effed up.

2 Likes

Well ya know, it isn’t like the trump “campaign” doesn’t have a shit load of other problems. Like maybe a loose cannon of a candidate?

3 Likes

Wasn’t Manafort Ivanka’s dude? If that is right it’s interesting that Kushner was part of the coop dey campaign. I wonder how peeved Ivanka will be…

1 Like

I was just musing about the early months of a trump term…

1 Like

That’s what I thought too. Ivanka’s guy, and at least initially Kushner’s guy as well (and the Pence pick was an arranged marriage forced by these two plus Manafort, etc)… that’s what I thought. Gotta wonder if and to what extent Ivanka was aware of this coup being plotted, whether the couple’s vacation schedule was not an accident but part of the plan (by Kushner), how well she’s getting along with Mr C-bomb Thrower Bannon (LOL).

The most disastrous campaign ever…

1 Like

If he pulled a cheap shot like that, Jared may be in almost as much trouble as Manafort seems to be.

You know, in a normal election year we wouldn’t even imagine let alone post that sort of soap-operatic scenario… :persevere:

2 Likes

There must be something more to the Manafort story. The Very Dateable Ivanka Tramp the Two, Maybe Three went out of the way to appoint Comrade Pavel Manafort campaign manager. I think that Manafort like Lewandowski was banging someone in Tramp’s inner circle.

Yeah exactly, Trump needs to stay on tract and not get distracted from his, all tweets ahead program.

One man’s distraction is an other’s felonious arrest and subsequent arrest of co-conspirators.

Bring Lewandowski back, fire Breitbart and demote the Dragon Lady. Have huge public battle with right-wing Zen master that buys ink by the barrel and totally lose track of the impending election date but get in a few notable zingers on twitter that are oh so important.

The shake up that shook the right and won’t quit shaking is all that matters. Trump will surely find the perfect person with the combination of sleaze, style, obedience, espionage, conspiratorial wack job, anti-establishment, desperate and dumb enough to accept the job and then have all these firing on all cylinders by at least Nov. 1st, leaving an entire week to put the campaign into high gear and rally the troops.

Once fully shook, the Trump campaign may never stop jittering and the whole lot of them will be found on park benches muttering to themselves, we were so close-missed it by that much.

1 Like

That’s funny, it sure seemed like the Trump campaign needed a new distraction as often as possible to take attention away from whatever previous one there was 2 days earlier.

2 Likes

OT: This is an epic tweet storm. Start from here (and check out other "What if"s people added).

@daveyjones64, you might want to add yours since this is still not exhaustive…

2 Likes

This is performance art ! Don’t you like art ?

It’s a sign of the times that a mere criminal investigation of somebody heading up a Presidential Campaign can cause a distraction. Pffft what’s that matter with people these days?

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available