Discussion: Klobuchar Slams Trump For Friendly Putin Call: POTUS 'Coddles Up' To Putin

Only wish a few Rethugs would have the spine to call him out on things like this. They wear earplugs 24/7.

16 Likes

This is a good line of attack from Klobuchar. She featured cybersecurity in her kickoff speech. She made a point of it in her questions to Barr. Because she has credentials as a moderate or centrist, her speaking like this about how Trump is not dealing with the problem and leaving open the question of his motivations lets folks in the middle know that the Russia investigation is not an academic endeavor but is an ongoing threat. The nat sec component of the Russia investigation is key to persuading more Indies to support impeachment. It ties together volume 1 and volume 2 of Mueller’s report. Trump didn’t just obstruct the investigation to protect himself. He also did it to protect Putin so that he could make a pitch for his services again in 2020. Plainly, that is what Trump was doing in his 90 minute call with Vlad the other day.

46 Likes

The Repugs have probably been beneficiaries of Russian oligarchs’ money for decades funneled and laundered through organizations like the NRA.

27 Likes

That was the whole point of discussing the Mueller report with Putin. To trigger the Dems and make them look hysterical. It is obvious that the whole Russian thing didn’t damage Trump. Dems should start thinking about something else or we will be having Trump for president the next 6 years, and Ivanka afterwards.

3 Likes

Trump complains Obama did nothing to stop Russian meddling in the 2016 election yet is friendly with Putin and says they did nothing and it’s all a hoax.
Hmm…
Why is it that I cannot believe a word trump says.
I think Democrats should not think of the safe course now. It’s time for big boy pants and hardball.

31 Likes

Getting under Donnie’s orange skin is a smart tactic, especially on his “colluding” with Russia.

8 Likes

Just too fuzzy, from a messaging point of view. “Coddling” is not a term that touches on the problem. The problem isn’t that Trump is being too nice. “National security crisis.” “Axis of authoritarianism.” Something that communicates the gravity of the situation.

13 Likes

Dems need to remember that they have 20 months to a very fateful election.
Time for being nice is past.

20 Likes

Hell, he’s raising money off the Mueller report. T shirts, mugs, beer cozies. and etc. Collusion Delusion T shirts and much more. Photo’s of merchandise:

7 Likes

Democratic nominees, please say the obvious: Trump talks to Putin but would not talk to Mueller. End of story. Short and sweet. Arrrgghh, it’s frustrating.

28 Likes

This is why he throws our Intelligence Agencies under the bus at every opportunity -even when overseas -because they’re actually working to stop Putin, and that is certainly not in his interests. Party before country should be their slogan.

15 Likes

Thank you
For To long bringing a knife to a gunfight
Where are the people who need to be screaming
I want some Anthony Wiener level outrage. (hold the dick pics)
SEE: Merritt Garland

3 Likes

If she goes after Trump too hard, she’ll be called a harpy or bitchy. Men don’t have to deal with that.
Women in politics have to thread that needle of criticism very carefully.

20 Likes

Just call it what it is -colluding or conspiring, if you prefer, with Russia. It’s really right in plain sight. Don’t even need Mueller to see it.

11 Likes

Putin must feel quite special. Even after two years of trying, Mueller couldn’t get an interview with the President on the Russia investigation. It took Putin two weeks.

20 Likes

Let us not forget that NoK is/was pretty good at hacking, i.e. Sony Pictures. And where did Kim Jung Un ride his train to and to meet with which world leader?

8 Likes

Let’s thin the Democratic nominee ranks soon so we can have three or four people shouting from the rooftops. And where the hell is Bernie Sanders who has a loud opinion about everything?

15 Likes

Honestly, if he makes it that far and is able to still run, I will not be following any of this. This guy damages souls and I’ve had enough.

5 Likes

Trump is a seditionist, plain and simple. Impeachment is too good for him. Manacles, a small, high window and a thin mattress on the floor are his just desserts

8 Likes