Discussion: Kim Davis' Lawyers: She Did Too Have A Private Meeting With The Pope!

Discussion for article #241311

The reports are that Davis and Staver basically snuck in, the Pope did not expect to see her there, and Staver is pulling a ton of bull out of his arse. Simply put, the Pope does not support her position and if she is a conscientious objector, she should do what all conscientious objectors do and resign her position.

Staver and Davis are desperate for any kind of press at this point, and are actually doing more to alienate potential supporters at this point. There is a growing backlash against people like her pushing their religion on other people the way she has.

23 Likes

Pope Francis like the Lord may work in mysterious ways.

But the claims by these lawyers are complete bullshit.

Besides, why would they want the support of the leader of a “false” church?

It says a lot about Pope Francis that people will do anything to be associated with him.

17 Likes

Well, well, well . . . . let the truth of the circumstances of this “meeting” emerge.

10 Likes

Now she’s grifting off the Pope too. Holy crapola.

19 Likes

Tell that to all the folks wringing their hands on the other story. I have posted links to some of the back stories over there. To listen to the dramatic bullshit over there is absolutely pathetic.

3 Likes

The more that I hear about this clusterf*ck, the more I believe this was a carefully timed setup by Davis grifting mouthpieces. To be clear, the purpose of publicizing this meeting was to try to shore up Davis’ cred AND to take the “progressive” shine off of this Pope, as well.

18 Likes

I guess the pope after having some one explain to him how that situation is being used probably said
WWHHHAAAAAAATTTTTT !

10 Likes

Mat Staver, the 2nd man to assassinate a Pope…

3 Likes

bs liberty counsel-
how about this comment from davis herself “…the pope is on track with what we’re doing, and agreeing, you know, kind of validates everything,”
what a bunch of liars

7 Likes

The Pope supports her? Let’s examine U.S. law and see where the Pope’s opinion weighs in on such matters…

…nope. Not there.

Sorry, Kim, but you’re still breaking the law.

13 Likes

I have posted links on the other story about the Pope which explains how this came about.

“Kim’s face is easily recognizable.”

That’s a very diplomatic way of putting it.

15 Likes

Well the Pope doesnt have to abide by the constitution does he? So what he sez doesnt matter…

1 Like

Oh well, that explains it all… the Vatican is just lying… it’s what they do, right? Just like everyone else who says Kim is just flat wrong. Yep, the Pope is a liar; that should go over real big.

8 Likes

You people are all making fun of Kim Davis, but when Jesus appears in the top of her Crisco can and offers His support, you’ll be singing a different tune.

14 Likes

15 Likes

Alas, the phrase “his meeting with her should not be considered a form of support of her position in all of its particular and complex aspects” leaves the door wide open as to whether there are aspects of her position the pope does support and, if so, which aspects they might be.

Yes, Davis and Staver are desperate for media attention. And this statement doesn’t go far enough to separate the pope from their cause.

1 Like

Is Florina claiming that she actually witnessed the delivery of this fetus?

These right-wingers had no respect for “the universal human right to conscientious objection” during the Viet Nam war.

8 Likes