Discussion: Kelly 'Stunned' That Dem Rep. Criticized Trump's Call To Soldier's Widow

2 Likes

So Trump did say “he knew what he was doing.” And Kelly said that’s what he was told when he learned of his son’s death. But not by Obama, because Obama didn’t call. So a member of the military told a general that his son “knew what he signed up for.” And that means that was an appropriate message to give to a pregnant woman and her family, all civilians, on their way to pick up her husband’s body? If Ryan told Trump he should say that, then he should be apologizing for a real lapse in judgment, not lashing out at the slain soldier’s family and their friends.

49 Likes

There’s no question that Kelly is complicit. He’s not just a baby-sitter—he’s hanging around for the sweet Nazi taste of white supremacy.

62 Likes

Translation:

“I’m the only one holding this shit show of a clown circus together so I need to fall on the grenade this time and present Dear Leader in a positive light so he doesn’t do something insane in a tantrum. So I’m going to go ahead and sacrifice my dignity and the memory of my son out of duty for country.”

ARE WE HAVING FUN YET?

40 Likes

Whatever shreds of dignity and reputation Kelly may have had after becoming part of the Trump Fiasco are now gone.

The congresswoman didn’t “listen in” to the conversation—it was on speaker phone so that everyone in the car could hear it.

Kelly becomes a bigger disappointment with every passing hour.

86 Likes

Guess what, General Kelly: you don’t get to tell this man’s widow what is appropriate or not. It is her grief and hers alone. Who she choses to share it with is none of your fucking business. If she wishes call attention to the callous and downright wickedness of our so called POTUS, then that is her choice.

Don’t debase yourself further (if it is even possible) by defending the human excrement that you serve as lickspittle to. Your entire career pales in comparison to the treason you are currently engaged in.

105 Likes

And this is all a GIANT distraction from the issue: WHAT were the soldiers doing in Niger? Why the hell isn’t anyone talking about it? And WHY hasn’t the moron issued a statement about it?

Giving “cover” to Trump’s response is reprehensible, General. This was a man whose bone spurs kept him out of serving his country. He didn’t know the woman’s name.

56 Likes

Not stunned by what Trump said? WTF?

22 Likes

Fuck John Kelly and the dildo he rode in on.

39 Likes

I am stunned that you are “stunned”.

You are an utter disgrace Kelly.

41 Likes

Kelly has apparently decided that sucking up to trump is all he has left—his debasement is complete and total.

25 Likes

On the plus side, he’s making McMaster and Tillerson look like real men.

10 Likes

That’s right you motherfucker, just politicize the ever loving shit out of this man’s death and his family’s grief.

42 Likes

It’s official: Kelly has ditched whatever integrity and pride he once (may have) had to serve as lickspittle and jester to Current Occupant.

The Oval Office has become a black hole which strips its satellites of any shred of human decency.

24 Likes

Trump’s beating him like dead mule, or a live ewe.

11 Likes

I couldn’t watch, as I wrote earlier. Can someone tell me if Kelly expressed condolences of his own to the family, or was he too busy attacking Rep. Wilson?

12 Likes

Defending the indefensible.
Unbelievable

12 Likes

What a disgraceful little man.

16 Likes

Using the loss of his own son as a shield for Trump’s incompetence and callousness is just despicable to me, as is the idea that people who join the army are signing up for death and that’s a choice they’ve made for themselves.

Great country you’ve got here if you’re admitting that tens of thousands of young people are weighing their options between death and whatever non-opportunities they had at home and decide death is their strongest card. Fuck. Off.

31 Likes

Fuck you, you fascist-and-racist enabler/apologist.

I’d call you a whore, but that’s an insult to whores.

Yet another wingnut without a shred of decency. Why am I not surprised?

17 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available