Discussion: Kasich: If I Were King, I'd Ban Teacher Lounges So They Can't Complain

“I’ll tell you what the unions do, unfortunately too much of the time. There’s a constant negative comment, ‘They’re going to take your benefits, they’re going to take your pay,'” Kasich said.

They tell their members this because it is precisely what school boards and legislatures across the country are doing every day right now and in the real world where we don’t have an American king.

5 Likes

From here on, I’m going to start playing a little game I call “WiHSI” - What if Hillary said it?

Can you imagine the uproar if Hillary started any single sentence, on any topic, with the phrase “If I were Queen”? What if she said any one of the comments Trump makes each day? Or anyone else in the clown car, for that matter.

Yet she addresses a reporter for several minutes before tossing out a single mild attempt at humor, and folks are off to the races bemoaning her arrogance. Or she engages in a thoughtful exchange of ideas with members of a protest movement, to which her base supporters later fret she wasn’t “standing the right way” at one point and fear the “photos might not look good.”

The term double-standard doesn’t even begin to describe the situation. She is being forced to navigate the length of a mine strip with broken knee-caps while blindfolded.

8 Likes

I guess no one told him if your running for POTUS and have ideas like this you should keep them to yourself.

4 Likes

The 'Cop doing his job is an idiot 'cuz he crossed Kasich" video

2 Likes

Kasich being a moderate is about as true as Iraq having “Yellow Cake” Uranium stockpiled with the rest of their WMD. I’m from Ohio and I’ve known about the Jerk and his policies for too Many years. The Koach Bros won’t let him near any of their meetings. A Complete Jerk.

2 Likes

If I were king I’d make Bill Watterson start drawing “Calvin and Hobbes” again.

9 Likes

You missed the chance to use the word immolation.

1 Like

Is it me, or does August bring out the worst from the right wing? Fuck I hate august and Politics in America.

3 Likes

This is why college students don’t go into teaching, Indiana has a shortage too. I think it’s a republican ploy to make education fail. Then you can say public education is a failure so we need to privatize it. Why do you think they are so behind vouchers. They want to strangle public education.

7 Likes

an environment where this worry spreads

Exactly, the GOP has had much post WWII success attacking the support individuals receive from others, what used to be celebrated as community. Has the Governor ever considered faculty tongue-removal? Effective and without pesky construction costs…Faculty rooms or the more lazily suggestive lounges, clearly, are filled with everything student’s imaginations and evil anti union Governors can dream up.

4 Likes

And he is this round’s moderate/reasonable candidate.

2 Likes

That’s understandable, coming from Walker. From what I understand, his formal education ended at high school.

2 Likes

Walker is worse,but most republican governors seem to be talking from the same script: teachers are the enemy.

It’s sad and infuriating, but I guess when education is considered a threat to one’s existence, it makes perfect sense.

1 Like

Ah, yes, the Teachers’ Lounge. Those huge,lavishly furnished palaces where teachers go to plot against the government. I wish teachers would post pictures of their ‘lounges’ on Kasich’s web page. Every one I’ve ever been in has left over furniture, a 40 year old refrigerator, and tables filled with teachers doing preps because they share a classroom and need a place to work while someone else is teaching. If they’re lucky a couple of outdated computers and a photocopier.

TEACHERS, SEND A PIC OF YOUR TEACHERS’ LOUNGE TO KASICH.

17 Likes

Page 1, Rule 1 of the GOP handbook- Thou shalt blame all society’s ills on teachers and unions! For reference, see, Christie comma Chris in New Jersey, or Walker comma Scott in Wisconsin.

3 Likes

So he would prefer they just stand in the hallway and complain? Or maybe he thinks the teachers don’t have cell phones and computers? Then again he probably wants to cut teacher salaries so they won’t be able to afford those “luxuries”.

3 Likes

Unless of course you’re remembering Saint Reagan. It’s different because they were actors.

1 Like

The great thing is that he’s the reasonable one!

Maybe strap legs together so teachers have to hop to the parking lots, known malcontent gathering locations…

‘They’re going to take your benefits, they’re going to take your pay,’"

Well there’s absolutely no evidence that would happen in a Repub state is there? It’s the teachers lounge and unions that create these crazy untruths, NOT Wisconsin.

2 Likes