Discussion: Kaepernick, Reid Reach Collusion Case Settlement With NFL

I hope you got paid, gentlemen.

7 Likes

He’s never going to need to work again.

3 Likes

Good for him. He was already paid about $40 million from his contract with the 49ers. He’ll be fine financially.

2 Likes

No collusion. Fake news.

1 Like

No collusion. No collusion. You’re the collusion.

2 Likes

Benedict Donald, is that you?

2 Likes

Kind of sucks he didn’t get to play much but his health will probably be much better in the long run. Enjoy life and keep pushing for black folks’ rights.

7 Likes

I notice that people are talking about getting paid.

Me too. Go Kap!

1 Like

i wonder what made the nfl decide to settle now?

As much as I hope he’s getting a fat stack, I do hope there’s more to the settlement than that. I hope there was some agreement about how the NFL will proceed going forward.

11 Likes

This is what a real union, one with power, does for its members.

2 Likes

It seems clear that the union had nothing to do with this.

3 Likes

Well then the union members get paid in the millions the unions tend to be well financed…

Unless they realize that they’re really randian uebermenschen who don’t need a union, like in the tech industry.

1 Like

The Player’s Union had nothing to do with this. It’s position was- the matter wasn’t a Labor Issue. They stood on the proverbial sidelines

1 Like

Perhaps I was misled by

“We continuously supported Colin and Eric from the start of their
protests, participated with their lawyers throughout their legal
proceedings and were prepared to participate in the upcoming trial in
pursuit of both truth and justice for what we believe the NFL and its
clubs did to them,” the NFLPA said in statement. “We are glad that Eric
has earned a job and a new contract, we continue to hope that Colin gets
his opportunity as well.”

Letting the case go to trial means discovery, depositions and other inconvenient things detrimental to the mantra of ‘lalalala we didn’t collude’ meme. In public and under oath. Not to mention the boatloads of attorney’s fees for all 32 owners and staff. But IANAL so could be wrong.

Well, there is also this:

Officials with the players union said Friday afternoon that they had just learned of the settlement and had no details.

If you just learned of the settlement, you weren’t involved in the settlement process.

2 Likes

They told a big whopper: Colin had to hire his own legal team.