Discussion: Justices Weaponize Redistricting Reform Against Partisan Gerrymandering Foes

I hope Susan Sarandon is erased from the history books

3 Likes

Meh. Just re-watch Thelma and Louise, only this time it’ll show as a happy ending!

3 Likes

Ah, but who will own and program the computers? Who will maintain the software and protect the computers from hackers? Where will the computers be safely stored when not in use?

This government would probably have the Governor of Georgia take care of the process. He’s very skilled at it.

5 Likes

Computer programs can still be written by humans with intentional bias.

1 Like

… its ok to discriminate if you have “deeply held religious beliefs”
… money is “Free Speech”

3 Likes

Internet Research Agency
Ulitsa Savushkina 55. Sankt-Peterburg, Russia, 197183

Internet Research Agency

Internet Research Agency

9 Likes

I am so sick of people blaming non-Hillary voters for the election results. She won by 3 million votes. If she’d won by 5 million votes, the Electoral College would still have voted Trump in because the votes in relevant states were hacked.

5 Likes

I have a deeply, very very deeply held religious/godly belief that all bipedal entities who lack the ability of empathy toward/for others who have noticeable differences from themselves actually lack a soul; therefore, are automatically second-class to myself. Nothing personal, you see.

4 Likes

Well, duh. But it isn’t evil or wrong to speculate and offer opinions based upon previous SCOTUS rulings.

1 Like

Yes. Please see Scalia’s dissent in Obergefell.

14 Likes

You do understand that heavily gerrymandered states its not possible to vote the GOP out? Take a look at Wisconsin, where democrats received a huge majority of the votes, but republicans were still elected to their legislature. Because gerrymandering.

10 Likes

It helps to have a little sarcasm.

1 Like

What goes around comes around. If the Republicans uphold gerrymandering, then it will be a noose around their necks in coming decades, helping to destroy the party before the natural time for its much deserved death.

6 Likes

You’re espousing the republican line that Trump won fairly, that he received waay more votes than Hillary. He didn’t and he didn’t. Susan Sarandon, a 3rd tier actress, isn’t responsible for Trump’s election. Nor is Bernie. Or Jill whatsername.

2 Likes

So they shouldn’t declare partisan gerrymandering unconstitutional under the US Constitution because some states might, eventually, take extraordinary action and amend their own constitutions to prohibit these abuses?

I looked this up in a Con Law textbook and it said:

What. The. Actual. Fuck.

12 Likes

Good call - that was a total hissy fit.

5 Likes

Most of his dissents were haha. Dude was a drama queen…Justice Cucky McButtercup.

3 Likes

Yeah but that one in particular was a whiny bitchy hissy fit all over the place. Argle bargle indeed.

4 Likes

Partially on topic: Each and every time I see a photo of Justice Rapey I become anxious and depressed and am harshly reminded of my second class citizenship due to lacking a penis. I think he may be the worst part of this goddamned reality show the Republican party has made of the republic. At least for now. It will, of course, get worse.

7 Likes

Yeah, and a deeply cynical attempt to cage it all in a false cloak of supporting diversity.

4 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available