Discussion: Just 6 Migrants Stopped At Southern Border In First Half Of FY18 Matched Watch List

4 Likes

For six, read zero. My name probably ‘matches’ a name on the Watch List.

20 Likes

I’m glad this came out before Trump goes on national television to proclaim a “national emergency” on the southern border. I hope any network that carries this hateful propaganda gives equal time to Democrats to set the record straight.

21 Likes

If Trump goes down to the Border on Thursday, as is apparently scheduled, well…that would be the first threat to our National Security to arrive at our southern border.

19 Likes

Hoping that if CNN or MSNBC let Dotard speak tomorrow, they’ll have live fact-checking going on during the speech. That’s the only reason I would watch Agolf speak, and it would inspire great ratings for the networks, I would assume.
Jeffrey? Jeffrey?

2 Likes

As it should be. Captain Nemo did spend his time destroying every war ship he came across, after all.

10 Likes

Fake news, I bet at least half a dozen more snuck in…

To pick cantaloupes…

7 Likes

As much as we’ve made progress stopping them from changing our system, manufacturing crises in order to declare emergency authority is probably Scam #1 in the authoritarian playbook. And now they’re doing it. Just saying.

17 Likes

Six stopped – none arrested.

8 Likes

41 people on the Terrorist Screening Database were encountered at the southern border from Oct. 1, 2017, to March 31, 2018, but 35 of them were U.S. citizens or lawful permanent residents. Six were classified as non-U.S. persons.

On the northern border, CBP stopped 91 people listed in the database, including 41 who were not American citizens or residents.

Remember Sen Ted Kennedy was on the Terrorist Watch list and couldn’t get off.

To summarize: 41 folks on the Terrorist Screening Database were stopped at the southern border. 85% of them were determined NOT to be terrorists, it does NOT say the remaining 15% migrants were determined to be terrorists. IF we use N=41, that is <1% of the “4000 terrorists stopped at the southern border” the WH claims.

Extra Credit: Those stopped on the southern border for mismatches on the TSD is less than half of those stopped at the Northern Border. Shouldn’t we be building a Northern Wall? Eh?

18 Likes

But nooooo, we should not rush to impeach the SOB, because bi-partisanship and civility and shit.

3 Likes

That’s not the reason and you know it.

9 Likes

They ran away and couldn’t be caught…big calves, you know.

2 Likes

Democrats believe in open borders for fictional or deceased terrorists.

Build the wall (or fence, or bollards, or memorial patio with donor-recognition pavers, or chalk line, or whatever)!!!

3 Likes

No, the Les Nessman Memorial Wall. Masking Tape!

7 Likes

Isn’t 4000 really 6 in Base…whatever.

3 Likes

Questions for Mike Pence: What kind of Christian habitually lies?

10 Likes

Six, just wait a minute, last week Huckabuck was saying 4000. Six, no fucking way…six

5 Likes

Pence offered a pristine example…But that was wrong.

Before long, a spokesperson for Pence issued an amended statement…But that was also wrong.

Later that same Tuesday, a DHS official told TPM that agents had…That was also wrong.

Hoosier Daddy: “We’ve stopped over a million ISIS members at the border.”

Mr. Shuham: “I find that hard to believe.”

Hoosier Daddy: “Would you believe a gang of Armenian pickpockets?”

Mr. Shuham: “I don’t think so.”

Hoosier Daddy: “How about a little, blond kid who once listened to a Rosetta Stone CD?”

22 Likes

I was tempted to laugh out loud at this article. And then I remembered this is not a dream, we are ACTUALLY living through this shit. :flushed::worried:

12 Likes