Discussion: Julian Castro To Howard Schultz: 'Think About The Negative Impact' Of A 2020 Bid

If Schultz is serious about running for POTUS, and since he’s a Dem., let him run as a Dem. What would be his point running as an Indy? Does he want to split the vote and give us another deplorable? I hope he gets some real advice from people that know how this works or he’s going to make a lot of people angry.

30 Likes

How often does this have to fail, either during the campaign or, worse, after they are elected, before these idiots figure out that the notion of a third-party hero swooping in to save the day, to do what nobody else can do, is pure fantasy?

The reality during the campaign is that the most likely outcome is that you will facilitate the election of the worst-choice candidate. The reality after a potential victory is that you have no power base from which to build support for your initiatives and that neither party has much of an incentive to work with you. This just doesn’t work, it’s never worked, and it’s not going to work now.

Edited to add that I’m sick and tired of CEOs, along with far too many idiots in the media and far too many voters, who think that running a government is just like running a business and that success at the former will lead to success at the latter. A President is not a CEO.

41 Likes

He’ll find another pony as soon as his book sales fail to meet expectations.

24 Likes

We may have to do his thinking for him.

9 Likes

OT

Is anyone else watching Stone on ABC whine about “the way he was treated” by the FBI concerning his arrest?

It’s highlarious.

15 Likes

Subtext: Think about what Dem outrage is capable of doing to the value in your majority share ownership position in Starbucks, Howard. This could cost you a fortune.
Check that: if you run and a Dem doesn’t win, your miserable existence won’t be worth the full contents of a tip jar in a suburban Starbucks franchise just before opening.
Fleabus H Crackpot, Howard, just by the mere act of running and thereby causing the Dems conniption fits and a huge investment in fainting couches, you’ll probably succeed in cutting the initial franchise fee for an urban Starbucks outlet to the admission charge into a dumpster.

18 Likes

But vanity

9 Likes

You get arrested for treason-related crimes, and you do a media tour. We’re about halfway to Natural Born Killers.

14 Likes

Somebody should cc this over to Bernie.

11 Likes

Oh come on now, just like Trump said, “Whaddaya got to lose?”

I mean, here we have a billionaire with no political and government experience, promising to shake things up.

I mean, what could go wrong?

18 Likes

Shorter Julian Castro: “The Wall Street-owned “centrist” that we coronate will be so awful that people will be tempted to vote third party!”

Human civilization has less than twelve years before it starts collapsing and all the institutional Democratic Party can do is dither, wring its hands and clutch pearls…

1 Like

Politics: where flights of fancy meet hard reality.

4 Likes

Robert Mueller : “I am”

27 Likes

They’re so deluded, so full of their own crap mythology, that they think they shouldn’t have to compete and slug it out like every other candidate. Goddamn narcissists, every single one - just different degrees of delusion. Let him run - if he thinks he can pull a Trump, he’ll be sorely disappointed: he doesn’t peddle in hate.

14 Likes

I don’t understand why those ultra rich guys, without any previous elected office, pop up and think they can be the POTUS. Does, he just want to throw away a huge amount of all his extra money and spend a lot of time campaigning to waste his time. I really don’t feel they have a clue, witness the POS in the WH today.

13 Likes

:heavy_check_mark: Wall Street
:heavy_check_mark: centrist
:heavy_check_mark: institutional

I’m sorry, the correct answer was “corporate”
Please try again.

15 Likes

Don’t oppress me!

7 Likes

HIs next book will be, No, I Don’t Draw the Peanuts Comic Strip.

9 Likes

Stone is so driven to make himself the star, he will be another that will open his mouth at the wrong time and seal the deal. I do appreciate the full embrace of Trump before Trump had the opportunity to distance himself meaningfully. That was hilarious in its own right.

7 Likes