Discussion: Judge To Make Consolidated Decision On House Grab For Trump Finances

Somebody is in speed dial with Roberts this morning

2 Likes

kinda sucks that you need to ask if it’s a fascist judge or an honorable judge deciding cases these days. looks like this judge is an Obama appointee so we have a chance at a proper decision.

6 Likes

House Grab For Trump Finances

Did someone at TPM really write this?

27 Likes

“House Grab For Trump Finances”
Why frame it this way?

eta- what ralph said.

13 Likes

I was wondering the same thing. “Grab”? Really?

10 Likes

This is potentially like “The Emperor’s New Clothes” except if it ends with the Imperial Highest Court ruling that everyone was wrong after all, and the new clothes were very much indeed fine clothes and the emperor was not naked after all.

8 Likes

It’s because “the five” are naked partisans.

8 Likes

I could tell by the judges name only that he wasn’t appointed by Trump… that is a huge first step. I also suspect, again based on his name, he was not appointed by any other Republican.

So there is a chance…

…a chance its fast tracked to the “IOKIYAR 5”

7 Likes

House Grab? Who wrote that shit? Gee, they almost sound like a bunch of greedy pols. Not like they deserve by law to have that information. WTF?

13 Likes

Really, GRAB for tax returns. They are legitimately entitled to see his tax returns for myriad reasons. Maybe decide which side you are on before you write your headlines.

11 Likes

“Grab” headline makes request seem illegitimate… Do better with headlines, it matters

13 Likes

thank you! it’s called a lawful subpoena in the pursuance of constitutionally mandated congressional oversight, Kate! Please don’t be a hack.

6 Likes

“House grab?” Huh? Someone needs to do some copy editing on the headlines. There’s no grab. There are subpoenas for documents that the committee needs for its work.

2 Likes

Beat me to it. (Not that that stopped me from saying it)

2 Likes

What’s more, in a recent case he wrote this:

(The case had to do with alleged infringement of copyright.)

8 Likes

This was the best news I heard last week. I hope Judge Mehta will now make my day.

5 Likes

What was it… Oh yeah
THE LAW
Something the Trump Misadministration chooses to ignore

1 Like

Rachel did a long piece on it last night.
The Trump Lawyers are trying to slow walk everything until 2020
This judge said “Bullshit”
Cut and dried decision comes tomorrow

4 Likes

I saw that. She seems to share my glee.

2 Likes