Discussion: Judge Doubles Down On Order To Move Manafort To New Jail

And what about my DirectTV account. I want my MTV!

3 Likes

There’s also the last two sentences before the decretal:

Moreover, Defendant’s access to counsel and his ability to prepare for trial trumps his personal comfort. Additionally, the decision to move the defendant to the Alexandria Detention Center will actually avoid the discomfort of long commutes during trial days.

“Trumps.”

I am right on the verge of breaking down and using some laughy emojis.

34 Likes

Just picturing naked Paulie squatting over the delousing machine then slipping into previously-worn (but not by him) ill-fitting jumpsuit and flaps.

Better get used to it.

4 Likes

Pretty much guaranteed they’re gonna get stiffed on their massive bills. Does that count?

8 Likes

Anyone with federal criminal law experience care to explain what is going on here? What is actually motivating Manafort to want to move, and then not move? Why does Mueller care enough to oppose it?

2 Likes

He didn’t really want to move, he wanted to get his trial delayed. He was trying to make that happen by pretending he doesn’t have proper access to counsel because of where he’s located. So, the judge is moving him closer to his attorneys. The bigger jail means he’ll have to give up the nice lodging he gets at the far smaller facility.

Manafort’s lawyers tried to play three - dimensional chess with the judge and lost.

23 Likes

And now, the bad news.

Manchin only Dem voting for. This guy’s dead to me. Don’t care if he gets beat by a Pubbie. He might as well be one.

15 Likes

Yes you do. We’ll talk after your chores.

19 Likes

I know, but this guy is moving into Joe Lieberman territory and I’ve lost my patience.

15 Likes

Manafort has had his own living unit with a private bathroom and a personal phone, according to Mueller, and was also not required to wear the jail uniform.

White Privilege anyone?

9 Likes

I agree.

9 Likes

Not enough. They’ll make it up in increased future earnings from clients who can pay.

2 Likes

This is absolutely disasterous.

And frightening as hell.

12 Likes

Thugs, kidnappers, murderers, thieves.

Lock them all up.

4 Likes

I was going to post the obligatory “Is it wrong that I’m smiling”, but you’re right - this one calls for laughs…big fat belly-laugh LOLS!.

5 Likes

No effing way., ralph.

They’re gaming this out.

3 Likes

In other news:

Trump lies.

16 Likes

U.S. District Judge T.S. Ellis: Got any other complaints, Mr Manafort?

12 Likes

I’d be willing to give him a pass on the chain gang duty…he does have trial prep to do (and I have a feeling he’ll need every minute allowed). And he is rather old.

But all of the others make sense to me.
Gonna be hell on those thousand dollar suits though. Oh well…

4 Likes

The judge moving Manafort (basically at his own lame-ass request) is one the most satisfying developments in recent memory.

14 Likes