Discussion: Judge Doubles Down On Order To Move Manafort To New Jail

However, defense counsel has not identified any general or specific threat to defendant’s safety at the Alexandria Detention Center. They have not done so, because the professionals at the Alexandria Detention Center are very familiar with housing high-profile defendants including foreign and domestic terrorists, spies and traitors.

Ouchie.

51 Likes

I’m detecting some judicial snark here.
Subtle but snark nonetheless.
“defendant filed a motion to continue which detailed the trials and travails

17 Likes

Word of the Day.

5 Likes

Not looking good for Pauli. He needs to start singing and singing soon. Frankly, his crimes are pretty damn extensive. He better hope he has enough to tempt Mueller or he will be spending many years beyond his reasonable life expectancy in the slammer.

13 Likes

Way to go Judge Cranky. That is a joy to read. Looks like Smirky screwed himself but good with this one.

11 Likes

Nothing’s been done to his attorneys. Yet. But unless Manafort used email to commit yet another indictable act, I doubt anything will happen to his attorneys who likely can claim plausible deniability.

1 Like

I think the Lawyers need to be sanctioned. They are becoming his messengers and facilitating un-monitored, possibly illegal (witness tampering, concealed funds movements, asking Trump for HELP etc) email communication which he is forbidden from having.

17 Likes

His tailor on Fifth Avenue is no longer in business.

Maybe I’ll ask my tailor to send him one.

2 Likes

Jesus maybe they better house him in the Burn Unit.

23 Likes

for reasons unknown, the inmates at the new place wear dark green

bummer

10 Likes

All the more reason to have him wear orange.

11 Likes

Sanctioned AND disciplined. Disbarred if they knowingly helped him contact witnesses by email.

18 Likes

Well, he’ll fit right in with his new pals, then, won’t he?

15 Likes

No. There are too many people whose problems would be solved by Manafort’s death. Keep him out of reach until he’s convicted and sentenced.

21 Likes

Despite the order, inmate 00045343 has not yet (4.25pm CDT on 7/11) been released from his VIP accommodations.

http://www.nnrj.state.va.us/XJailWebSite/InmateDetails.aspx?BookingPK=82790

8 Likes

There is an issue of color coordination with his silly hair; Corinthian, I think it’s called.

6 Likes

Manafort: I can’t go to Alexandria Detention Center, Judge. Its Protective Custody wing only got two stars on Yelp. This is cruel and inhumane. I haven’t even received my crock pot from eBay yet!

18 Likes

A move will be so disappointing because I sent a cardboard file to his Northern Neck address.

edit: get my prisons straightened out.

2 Likes

Manafort should quit compaining.

I hear that a bed has opened up at the SuperMax in Colorado.

And there is plenty of floorspace in the converted Wal-Marts on the border.

14 Likes

@socalista wrote: I doubt Judge Amy will do anything that might risk a mistrial.

That’s why she immediately agreed to move him to Alexandria, no doubt.

That and an attempt to stifle the whining and whimpering.

7 Likes