Discussion: Joe Biden Accidentally Announces He's 'Running'

I think he’s expressing his religious faith in the ability of his base to keep his ass out of jail.

1 Like

Biden is an accident waiting to happen. His past is full of alliances with racist senators and also a cosigner of the Hyde Amendment. He’s too old, too hands on (ask the women he’s creeped out by touching them), and I wish he’d go away. But he won’t. He’ll get some support because we’ll always remember him in connection to Obama and he’s got little more than that. But that’s just me.

8 Likes

In short, Trump is a disloyal coward. Spot on.

2 Likes

And you didn’t sign on the Hyde Amendment.

1 Like

“… making Palin seem small by comparison.”

Not a high bar.

1 Like

Yawn.

Gillibrand-Yawn.
Booker-Yawn.
I just looked over the current Democratic Field. I need to take a nap.

Exactly. My favorite Joe moment was him knocking Rudy Guilliani with his comment that with Rudy its “a noun, verb and 911”, because that’s all Rudy was running on. It was perfect.

I like Joe and I’m so sick of the progressive purity tests. I don’t care who is more or less, I just know any of our candidates would pick better judges. And we’re really worried about Joe gaffes…? Really? In the age of trump calling Cook Tim Apple? Seriously???

Joe is way more honest and sincere. He also has a way of talking that is to the point, relatable and very simple. I hope he’s the nominee.

1 Like

I’m surprised he didn’t go to a Catholic church with an orange tie on. I guess he’s always an Orangeman though.

3 Likes

I don’t think there are many people who wouldn’t vote for Biden in the general due to purity tests. But do you really think that he’s the best candidate, on either ideology or personality, in this big field? I like Biden but there are at least four candidates I would vote for ahead of him.

1 Like

I’m a little surprised the church didn’t fall down like the walls of Jericho.

1 Like

I’m With Him! :slight_smile:

Oh, I wasn’t implying that by any means…

too hands on

Thanks for bringing that up. This is something that people should pay attention to, and is a big part of what I was alluding too when I said about him not being “in touch with what is happening in American at the grass roots level now”.

This whole “touching women you are talking to” bit is - in his mind, without a doubt - being “friendly” in an “old fashioned” way but is in reality simply being accustomed to powerful white male privilege. Only men in power, who can get away with it (up to now), do this or think it is something that they have automatic permission to do. Remember both Bushs did this, and it would have sunk Bill Clinton is he was running for President in the current era.

In the “Me Too” era Biden is a UXO (unexploded ordnance), an old battlefield shell that can detonate without warning. Either past actions will come out, or he will once again step over the line, but get called out for it this time, and he will handle it badly. He won’t change because he won’t really see that he has to (or he will simply forget). Call it a physical gaffe.

Really, we can’t risk having him as the candidate at the top of the ticket.

2 Likes

x thousands

I agree completely.

1 Like

Kinda feel like Joe is nodding to his flaws and leaning into them but with a sense of self parody and self awareness. It’s appealing in a weird way. Substantively, it looks like Joe is setting up to take on Bernie and argue that the things he has stood for over the years are as progressive or more than Bernie’s positions. He has a couple of things like VAWA, gun control, ACA where he can make a solid argument.

2 Likes

@trumpdog Just for you, my thoughts as subjective as they may be, about Biden.

Just a reminder that Biden recently called Mike Pence “a decent guy”, and more than a few Democratic heads exploded. Because we and they know he’s not. He’s so into comity, a word senators like to use to describe their behavior that he can’t see a trumpp acolyte and enabler. Okay, he walked it back after the eruption but left to his own foot in mouth impulses he wouldn’t have.

So there’s a long blemished record and so far not covered very much which includes soft racism and soft sexism during his career, and then there’s also this.

Mr. Biden had earned $200,000 for an October speaking engagement in Benton Harbor, Mich., three weeks before the midterm elections. During that speech, Mr. Biden gave a glowing commendation to Representative Fred Upton, a powerful Republican who joined with Mr. Biden to increase funding for cancer research and, separately, helped forge legislation to gut the Affordable Care Act.

So up against the occupant it would be two old guys, one decidedly and viciously right wing, and the other mushily left wing and into bipartisanship which until Rs take that stance this party’s pols shouldn’t either. I’m waiting for the nojoe hashtag to become a thing.

@tena @khyber900@bdtex

1 Like

In my opinion he’s the best we have running. I would like to see a Biden/Beto ticket. Personally speaking, no other candidates really impress me. Don’t get me wrong, they are all better than trump and any will get my vote. But the only ones that have impressed me thus far are Biden (who has not declared yet) and Beto.

I know what he said and I don’t take it the way you do.

1 Like

He took money on behalf a R candidate and he thinks the R Veep is a decent guy. Not to mention the racism and sexism which constitutes the baggage on his record which will drag him on. We need someone who is clearly and unequivocally a left winger to combat the right wing menace in the WH and the support he has from right wingers in the country which grows every day.

1 Like

If “progressive” includes making actual, you know, progress on things, then Joe might have a point. He’s been a part of some things that were, as he (almost) put it, a big forking deal.

3 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available