Discussion: Joe Biden Accidentally Announces He's 'Running'

Completely agree. He’s been on the political scene in very high places for many years. Any important legislative anything in his long career that comes to mind? Nope. Just Anita Hill debacle, gaffes, um, Scranton? I don’t dislike the guy; I just think we can do better. I wish Sherrod Brown hadn’t dropped out and that Elizabeth Warren was a man of color. Don’t get excited everyone - just for now, just to win this ONE election and then she can become a White woman again. :wink:

1 Like

OT breaking news Trump is going to church this morning! Collective gasps on Twitter! Does he know St. Patrick’s Day is not a religious holiday? Why is he going to an Episcopal church with a red tie on? Is he flattering God because he needs some favors with certain legal problems? Many questions!

7 Likes

It’s not?

1 Like

Biden is clearly hoping to run on an extension of Obama’s popularity, and a kind of nostalgia for a time before the Trump madness. (Unfortunately for Biden, he is no Obama, in any meaningful sense, as an actual campaign will make abundantly clear.) I suspect it is what gives him a boost in the short term, but won’t work over the long term of the primary. Being a nice guy isn’t likely to be enough this time around, just as it was not really enough in his prior attempts at the White House.

3 Likes

I think that comment about Pence meant the same thing as it does every time a senator refers to his “good friends from across the aisle.” In other words, it is hollow, but saves decorum.

Rather than saying Pence is a pathetic excuse for a human, is fuel by hate and ignorance, and is a general son-of-a-bitch, he just shortened it to “nice guy,” LOL.

No one else will consider those code words a compliment, I hope.

5 Likes

The Episcopalians (Mrs. Von Holst is one) tend to be very welcoming on the whole. They’ll even tolerate Trump. As to the red tie. Who knows? Perhaps he’ll meantweet St. Patrick before the day is out.

7 Likes

If Trump wins reelection, no young person under the age of 25 will vote again. Seriously. And who would blame them? Plus, I think you’d see a lot of people leave the country. We all considered it with W’s second term win but this would be 100 times worse. Especially if the devil of the Senate won reelection - cannot even contemplate it.

3 Likes

Velveeta isn’t exactly cheese. It’s a "“Pasteurized Prepared Cheese Product.” The FDA made Kraft stop calling it a “cheese spread” in 2002. I suppose that would make Biden a “pasteurized prepared progressive,” which is close enough.

3 Likes

I vaguely remember singing the song in Elementary school about the states, with the line: “Oh what did Del-a-ware boy, what did … She wore a brand New Jersey, That’s what she did wear.” Delaware isn’t even the punchline of its own joke. (Of course, I live in Maryland, which is another fly-over state most of the time. Too often it is seen as a bedroom community for DC, but at least we get voting representation in the Senate.)

2 Likes

According to its label it is a “cheese food product” - so there is cheese in there, somewhere.

2 Likes

With Warren, you wouldn’t get POC and younger women. This country definitely needs someone who knows governing and politics post Rump. Absolutely. But we have others who have that knowledge who have a more prominent future forward vision.

1 Like

But I luvvv the panels! Especially CNN, with uh Wolfe and uh the other two dozen. Plus Gloria, with all her experience, telling me something new. And I hear they’re bringing back Omarasa as well, to channel Trump.

2 Likes

Yeah, probably just a reflex response. But it’s not what the Democratic electorate wants to hear right now.

Not sure about younger women - my daughter is 28 and loves Warren, but then again Emma is very well read and understands how radical her policies are. The great tragedy of Warren is how she’s been demonized and dismissed by so many people. I would defy any deplorable to sit down with Warren and really listen to her policies for 5 minutes and not come away a supporter.

3 Likes

What is his problem? He must think that the suspense is killing us. Biggggggg yawn!

2 Likes

At least he is not from New Mexico, which isn’t even part of the country!!!”’

We couldn’t have another foreign president, could we?

1 Like

When I think of Joe Biden regarding his capacity for gaffes, I remember one thing.

When he was set to debate Pailin, at the peak of her popularity, which was real and tangible at the time, there was great concern he would blow it. That he’d come across as sexist and condescending, or make a tragic gaffe, or conversely be so accomodating as to allow her to legitimize her presence, winning over voters with unchallenged positions. The result was a display of masterful jujitsu, in which he nailed all his points while displaying perfect finesse, making Palin seem small by comparison without breaking a sweat.

He may not win the nomination, but I think folks underestimate his skill as a politician who possesses what I sense is a genuine, approachable nature.

6 Likes

In case you have forgotten or ignored Biden’s genocidal mania and world-class cruelty, domestically and internationally, you have only to read this:

https://www.salon.com/2019/03/17/working-class-911-whatever-you-do-dont-call-uncle-joe/.
This is the greedy liar among the 1% who installed his worthless son Beau as Ukraine’s energy czar after Biden helped install a Nazi regime there and destroy life for Ukrainians.

1 Like

Hey, it’s not like I want Trump to win. I loathe the bastard.
I’m just trying to be a realist on his chances if the economy stays strong. If it does, then he’s going to be tough to beat.
It’s still 90% Obama’s economy as far as I’m concerned. Trump’s deregulating and tax cuts are temporary boosters. They will cause more problems down the road than they’ll cure.
High employment is facilitating Trump being able to shift more of the tax burden onto employees from the wealthy. If unemployment ticks up to 6 percent, things will go South in a hurry for a variety of reasons.

1 Like

You are not the only one thinking that. I hope he runs and wins. I believe he thinks he can or he would have already said he’s not running.

3 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available