Discussion: Jeffrey Toobin Tears Into Trump Over His Latest Tweet Declaring 'Treason'

1 Like

One of the things that this president has done has violated so many norms.

Is there a norm he has not violated?

37 Likes

“Treason means long jail sentences.” We’ll remember you said this, Orange Voldemort.

29 Likes

Hey Jeffrey,

You elided the most important part: Treason is the only crime defined in the Constitution. It’s defined as

Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying war against them, or in adhering to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort. No person shall be convicted of treason unless on the testimony of two witnesses to the same overt act, or on confession in open court.

None of what Fat Nixon is complaining about comes close to meeting this definition. His up-close-and-personal relationship with his Uncle Vlad comes a lot closer, but even there I don’t think it quite reaches the definition.

23 Likes

Can’t we just impeach the motherfucker and give him a reality TV show or something, or a guarantee of no prosecution in return for a resignation? Maybe throw in all the KFC and Big Macs he can eat for life?

I really would like to see him prosecuted and in jail, but I’d be willing to let that slide to just get him out of office already (and prosecution may be unlikely anyway, even as much as he deserves it).

17 Likes

Electromagnetism, gravity, and the particle strong force.

8 Likes

“My Campaign for President was conclusively spied on.”

His AG said the same thing, and then added that there’s no evidence of it, though…yesterday…on Fox.

16 Likes

You notice that he equates a crime against Trump (his campaign) as the same as treason which is a crime against the United States of America… By this tweet he blurs the line between himself and the United States. Is he declaring himself King?

28 Likes

One would think that someone trying to invoke lese majeste would be required to have at least a little majesty, but apparently not.

16 Likes

Given the GOP ridicule of science and this megalomaniac’s view of his own awesome powers, he will probably try to repeal the law of gravity by tweet.

9 Likes

Spiny Norman, Norm Ornstein?

5 Likes

Everything the Pumpkin Traitor accuses others of doing is a straight-up confession. That solitary confinement cell has your name on it, motherfucker.

13 Likes

And Roberts will find, on a 5-4 majority, that gravity is unconstitutional.

11 Likes

He generally wears pants in public, for which we are all eternally grateful.

12 Likes

I’m ready for Post-Trump America in which his every image will be stricken from all media, his brand purged from every building and edifice, and no one shall utter his name under penalty of sarcastic laughter and derision.

13 Likes

If only we could learn to be so “reckless.”

1 Like

4 Likes

When the Democrats retake the House we can finally do something about this madman!

8 Likes

Treason, it’s what’s for breakfast!!

9 Likes

Apparently he thinks he was already King when he was just a candidate.

7 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available