Discussion: Jeb Bush Wants To 'Figure Out A Way To Phase Out' Medicare

Discussion for article #238700

Another smooth move, JEB. Work longer, no meds. See if you can ditch Poppy’s guys at the malt shop next time…

34 Likes

The former governor’s “opining” in this article gave me the impression that he is even less coherent that his brother.

47 Likes

“But now instead of George W. Bush wanting to phase out Social Security, it’s Jeb Bush wanting to phase out Medicare.”

If only we could phase out the Bush family….

63 Likes

This one seems to be self-deporting. You have to wonder if he really wants it, what with the constant sabotaging of his own campaign.

32 Likes

G*ddamn. Rethugs are STILL trying to convince their base that shafting their kids re: Medicare is a a good idea provided that the current gen gets theirs. After that, to hell with the kids and get off my lawn!!!

23 Likes

I’d like to figure out a way to phase out the republican party. Goddamn him for talking out eliminating medicare. Again.

No. Just NO.

27 Likes

He should go live in Mexico with his lovely wife. Where he’ll find that they actually have decent, socialized, universal coverage.

31 Likes

i think what jeb really meant to say was “i’ve figured out a way to phase out the gop”.

12 Likes

Hey Jebbie - while I’m bitching about this, let me point out that instead of “phasing out medicare,” we need to listen to Bernie Sanders and be talking about EXPANDING the program. Medicare for all. It’s the only way to be sure.

20 Likes

Just because wealthy people like Jeb Bush don’t need the program, that does not mean that the program is not needed.

26 Likes

Is this guy for real? Phase out Medicare, work longer hours, knowing what we know now I would still invade Iraq… errr, no I wouldn’t, err, yes I would, errr I don’t understand the question…

Has he really given any thought at all to what a winning platform would look like?

28 Likes

"move to a new system that allows them to have something "

Have what? You’re entirely unwilling to mandate minimum salaries across the board and mandate that employers pay enough to permit people to save and have investments because it would interfere with “only certain people should be wealthy” and might harm the plutocrats’ precious wealth by instigating inflation. Other than that, there’s no “new system” that would allow people to “have something.”

What this really is, is more of the same old same old: “The serfs are chattel…commodities or tools to be used and discarded. When their useful economic life is over, they should die. God made us mortal, which was his way of planning our obsolescence, so even Jesus would teach that there really shouldn’t be any ‘retirement’, just burial.”

34 Likes

Despite the fact that I often don’t trust the American voter (see Scott Walker, Rick Snyder, Rick Scott, etc.), this statement virtually eliminates him as a viable candidate. It is an incredibly stupid policy to propose and he must know that. He just doesn’t seem to be “in it to win it.”

24 Likes

Welp, there goes the AARP endorsement. Dumbass just keeps digging.

12 Likes

I agree. It seems as though he’s walking into every strategically placed rake on the ground and just not having the common sense to look down every now and then ahead of him.

14 Likes

I am seriously starting to wonder if Jeb! has some kind of undiagnosed or undisclosed brain trauma. He just doesn’t seem all there.

7 Likes

I would love to figure out a way to phase Jeb Bush out. No, Kevin, my own personal NSA agent, that wasn’t a threat.

4 Likes

It’s a case of incoherent and incoherenter, as well as dumb and dumber.

3 Likes

Stick a fork in Jeb.

18 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available