Discussion: Jeb Bush: 'There Were Mistakes Made In Iraq, For Sure'

Discussion for article #233395

Sorry Jeb, the mistakes were made in Washington by your frat-boy brother and his mentor Lord Vader.

15 Likes

Yup, Jeb, it was hugely successful. You couldn’t imagine a better war for a low, low four trillion bucks.

10 Likes

No kidding Sherlock. Your brother got us in that damn mess and we are still paying for it.

13 Likes

Jeb says he’s “eager to hear” what Netanyahu has to say. Someone should remind him of what Bibi said in 2002.

“there is no question whatsoever that Saddam is seeking and is working and is advancing towards the development of nuclear weapons — no question whatsoever. If you take out Saddam, Saddam’s regime, I guarantee you that it will have enormous positive reverberations on the region.”

14 Likes

Now wait a second? Isn’t this talking about the past, and didn’t he say he wasn’t going to do it?

Jeeze, what a frickin liar.

6 Likes

“There were mistakes made in Iraq, for sure.”

But those were always made by someone who was not named ‘Bush.’

3 Likes

Passive voice, eh: ‘mistakes were made…’

7 Likes

Déjà vu all over again. The more he talks, the more I hear Dubya.

5 Likes

"The former governor did offer praise for his brother’s handling of the
wars in the Middle East. He said former President George W. Bush’s late
surge of forces was “hugely successful.”

I would DARE this pile of lying crap to say this to the faces of most veterans of the Iraq and Afghanistan debacles and not be afraid of the consequences.

5 Likes

But if I recall correctly, this is the same damn fool who in back 2006 told us to stay the course in Iraq.

2 Likes

Thomas Ricks and George f*cking Will have both said the single biggest foreign policy mistake in US history was the invasion of Iraq.

11 Likes

Exactly. The biggest mistake was that his brother invaded Iraq in the first place.

6 Likes

Your brother killed Saddam even though your old man knew Saddam was the keystone species in that ecosystem and let him be. There is a reason Saddam was there–and the old guard kept him in power–and now we know what it was.

10 Likes

Biggest mistake was not actually applying enough force to squash these cockroaches once and for all!
Too much anti war influence on policy and this current mess is what you get.
I say we send our left wing “human shields” back over there and let them make peace for us.

Says the charter member of the Project for a New American Century (which, given that the MSM has never recognized the existence or significance of PNAC, is a thing that will not likely do him any political harm).

2 Likes

The old standby-----------'Mistakes were made"…crapaology.

CREDIT PHOTOGRAPH BY BILL PUGLIANO/GETTY
CHICAGO (The Borowitz Report) — In an effort to distance himself from the legacy of his brother, George W. Bush, former Florida Governor Jeb Bush will use a major foreign-policy speech on Wednesday to assert that, if elected President, he would harm the nation in completely different ways.

“A lot of people are looking at me and thinking that I’m just going to be a rerun of my brother,” Bush told reporters before the speech. “They are greatly underestimating my ability to create chaos and destruction in ways that are uniquely mine.”

As an example, Bush said, he was unlikely to invade Iraq for a third time, calling such an action “too derivative.”

“George already did it, and Dad did it before him,” he said. “Call it my independent streak, if you will, but I want to spawn some disasters of my own.”

11 Likes

Another Bush blaming the “intelligence community” for Iraq. Why not just elect “W” for a third term?

6 Likes

I bet you also whine incesssantly about the deficit.

And common sense says we should send in the very people who cheered us into this mess, the very ones who’ve never seen a war they didn’t want someone else to fight.

13 Likes

Jeb Bush Says “Mistakes Were Made In Iraq”

no shit, sherlock.

2 Likes