Discussion: Jane Sanders Says Husband's NY Daily News Interview Was Like 'An Inquisition' (VIDEO)

1 Like

In other words, they were thorough.

62 Likes

There are too many similarities between Trump and Sanders for my taste. Whining when things donā€™t go their way is one of them.

67 Likes

OK, letā€™s get this out of the way: Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!

But seriously, what is this, Tee-ball? Either you can answer the question or you canā€™t. Heā€™s applying for a fairly high-pressure job.

73 Likes

Really! How can a president be expected to answer questions from reporters?

41 Likes

Since we canā€™t comment on the editorā€™s blog hereā€™s my comment on the ā€œIā€™m voting for Bernie but on one conditionā€ā€¦
What a bunch of hog wash! If you really want Hillary to win, then freaking VOTE for her! If not, then donā€™t, but spare us the BS. I mean, really!

65 Likes

An inquisition is spending 11 hours being grilled by a Congressional panel created solely for the purpose of destroying your career and the legacy of the president you served and/or potentially finding evidence of a crime that will lead to you and/or the presidentā€™s imprisonment. Willingly submitting yourself to a couple hours of questions by a few reporters in a board room in NYC is no such thing. Have a seat, please.

128 Likes

ā€œJane Sanders Says Husbandā€™s NY Daily News Interview Was Like An Inquisition.ā€

Are you, by any chance, familiar with the concept of the modern Presidency?

56 Likes

I wanted to comment there, too. (Itā€™s not even Josh, who has the right to avoid comments, I guess.) And while I agree with your analysis, at least Iā€™ll give the guy credit for really thinking about what his vote means, and somehow voting against the GOP candidate.

11 Likes

Not only does he want Hillary to win, he doesnā€™t think Bernie would be an especially good candidate or President. And thatā€™s really kind of the key question the primary is meant to answer.

31 Likes

I like none of his pieces published on the front thus far.

12 Likes

Sanders is a grumpy old fart, who happens to be running against a supremely qualified, but charisma-challenged politician. Iā€™m grateful he has made campaign finance a major topic of discussion. But other than that, he doesnā€™t impress me at all.

46 Likes

I saw Jane Sanders interviewed the other day. She has always impressed me as smart, articulate, and not particularly desirous of focusing attention on herself. However, she did more of that ā€œwhiningā€ in the interview I saw, too. It just doesnā€™t come off well.

22 Likes

Ok, admittedly I donā€™t like Bernie, but honestly I thought the interview was really good because all the right questions got asked and I didnā€™t think it was in any way unfair - except insofar as Bernie was unfair to himself.

The only problem with Hillary in that kind of interview is that sheā€™s like Bill - she will explain in detail forever.

15 Likes

If Bill whined baselessly like this The Bern would whine incessantly about Billā€™s whining.

But of course spouses are off limits unless the name starts with ā€˜Bā€™ and ends with ā€˜illā€™

13 Likes

Heā€™s kinda like TPMā€™s version of Ross Douthat.

11 Likes

There it is. Took a little longer than I thought it would, but desperation has finally bubbled over. Donā€™t they realize that this line of attack has a very rethug smell to it? Trumpā€¦ the Wasillabillyā€¦ now Sanders?!?

10 Likes

Her doubling-down four-Pinocchio was really, really bad.

13 Likes

Yeah, thatā€™s an apt description.

1 Like

Thanks, I wanted to comment on it. I mean -what logic is there in voting for someone you donā€™t want to win?

People have lost their damn minds - they think their vote will be seen like a written essay exam and theyā€™ll get points somehow.

Or something - like votes in a primary make anyone think - O yes, this must have been a vote for universal single payer health care. Letā€™s see the next ballotā€¦

37 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available