Discussion: Ingraham Denies Saying Anything Racist In Her Televised Racist Segment

Yes, her propensity for self-love, self-righteousness, and contempt for “the other,” leading to a reasonable conclusion as to why she isn’t married. Her adopted children are a salve for her malady.

2 Likes

I was more thinking of something Trump related,…

Didn’t she once win a beauty contest?

Miss Lebensborn?

3 Likes

She insults our intelligence. If she’s not complaining about racial changes, she must have been complaining about religious changes. No other demographic has changed significantly, and no other can remotely be considered objectionable. (What, she doesn’t like the ratio of males to females?)

Me, I’m not thrilled with the demographic changes to the birth rate and income distribution, but immigration helps with the first, and I doubt Laura is concerned with immigrants coming in and getting poor wages compared with her…

Her commentary was straight-up, straight-out racism. She can’t deny it.

2 Likes

Furthermore, as I have said repeatedly on the show, merit-based immigration does wonders for our country’s economy, our way of life, and how we define our country.”

I believe Ingraham just qualified for merit-based emigration, which would do wonders for our way of life and how we define our country.

2 Likes

She doesn’t look like a breeder to me…

White people like Ingraham have convinced me that the sooner we become the minority, the better.

1 Like

Oops…I said the LOUD part quiet, and the quiet part LOUD…

1 Like

Racist denies racism.

Laura must be thrilled to be back in the spotlight. People like her thrive on this kind of controversy. Let her and all of the people she appeals to have their own lovefest - we can’t kill it and we can’t cure it.

1 Like

But she didn’t “recant” at all; she simply imagines that what we all heard her say was not said. As another poster remarked, too bad there are no recordings of her ranting. She is truly another despicable, bigoted idiot on Fox News; but then, I repeat myself.

3 Likes

Her ignorance is astounding.

1 Like

Do you hear yourself, Laura? Or did the cancer treatment damage that ability?

1 Like

2 Likes

She is simply saying what America wants to hear. Please stop deluding yourselves. This is what comedian D.L. Hugely said on CNN to Chris Cuomo yesterday. And he is spot on.

“I believe the president is a wanton racist, and I believe that America is not uncomfortable with it,” the comedian said. “When you tell me 89% of Republicans support him no matter what he does, I’ll say this. I can’t say all his supporters are racist, but I can say, for them, being a racist is not a disqualifier.”

Cuomo claimed that Hughley’s assertion set a “high bar” before denouncing “white extremists and white power people and the Qanon and the conspiracy crazies” — but the actor cut him off.

“White men don’t get to decide what racism is,” Hughley said. “They were so bad at judging it every time it happened. They were bad at judging it during slavery. They were bad at judging it during Jim Crow. White people don’t get to play this game. You don’t get to decide what the rules are here.”

“The bottom line is this,” he continued. “We have watched children being put in cages. And the very scriptures that they quoted to put black men in chains, they used to put immigrants in cages.”

“Either it’s wrong,” Hughley concluded, “or it isn’t.”

2 Likes

“Despite what some may be contending, I made explicitly clear that my commentary had nothing to do with race or ethnicity,” she continued.

And she also insists that she’s a natural blonde.

1 Like

As my good friend Molly Ivins used to say, the clarification “probably sounded better in the original German.”

3 Likes

“those distorting my views … do not have my support”

…but please, continue to support me, watch my show and buy My-Pillows.

1 Like

Yes, we should all be blonde out of a bottle.

1 Like

The Republicans keep dancing this dance—we’re not racist, The Blacks are the real racists, we don’t even see color, etc., etc., blah, blah, blah----but increasingly it’s just purely pro forma, so clearly insincere as to be meaningless, theatre of the absurd.

David Duke’s endorsement was “disappeared” after, probably, a stern telephone call from one of Rupert Murdoch’s attorneys, but screen shots are forever. David Duke understood what Laura was talking about.

Hell, Ol’ Rupe (himself a toxic white supremacist) understands perfectly well what Laura was talking about. So does the rest of the Fox nighttime lineup, including Tucker, Jesse, and young Seanie: so do the Fox viewers: so does every Republican politician and voter in America.

This is white supremacism just barely veiled. In the racist dance of the seven veils they’ve been performing for decades, the Republicans are now down to the last veil, and it’s pretty damn sheer. They keep up the pretense purely, by now, as an act of trolling, a sort of moral striptease, and not out of any actual sense of shame.

2 Likes

Yes, Laura, I remember the good old days, when a foreigner could not own a US broadcast station, unless he renounced his foreign citizenship and (with the help of Newt Gingrich) became an American citizen.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available