Discussion: Ingraham Denies Saying Anything Racist In Her Televised Racist Segment

Racist denies racism.

Laura must be thrilled to be back in the spotlight. People like her thrive on this kind of controversy. Let her and all of the people she appeals to have their own lovefest - we can’t kill it and we can’t cure it.

1 Like

But she didn’t “recant” at all; she simply imagines that what we all heard her say was not said. As another poster remarked, too bad there are no recordings of her ranting. She is truly another despicable, bigoted idiot on Fox News; but then, I repeat myself.

3 Likes

Her ignorance is astounding.

1 Like

Do you hear yourself, Laura? Or did the cancer treatment damage that ability?

1 Like

2 Likes

She is simply saying what America wants to hear. Please stop deluding yourselves. This is what comedian D.L. Hugely said on CNN to Chris Cuomo yesterday. And he is spot on.

“I believe the president is a wanton racist, and I believe that America is not uncomfortable with it,” the comedian said. “When you tell me 89% of Republicans support him no matter what he does, I’ll say this. I can’t say all his supporters are racist, but I can say, for them, being a racist is not a disqualifier.”

Cuomo claimed that Hughley’s assertion set a “high bar” before denouncing “white extremists and white power people and the Qanon and the conspiracy crazies” — but the actor cut him off.

“White men don’t get to decide what racism is,” Hughley said. “They were so bad at judging it every time it happened. They were bad at judging it during slavery. They were bad at judging it during Jim Crow. White people don’t get to play this game. You don’t get to decide what the rules are here.”

“The bottom line is this,” he continued. “We have watched children being put in cages. And the very scriptures that they quoted to put black men in chains, they used to put immigrants in cages.”

“Either it’s wrong,” Hughley concluded, “or it isn’t.”

2 Likes

“Despite what some may be contending, I made explicitly clear that my commentary had nothing to do with race or ethnicity,” she continued.

And she also insists that she’s a natural blonde.

1 Like

As my good friend Molly Ivins used to say, the clarification “probably sounded better in the original German.”

3 Likes

“those distorting my views … do not have my support”

…but please, continue to support me, watch my show and buy My-Pillows.

1 Like

Yes, we should all be blonde out of a bottle.

1 Like

The Republicans keep dancing this dance—we’re not racist, The Blacks are the real racists, we don’t even see color, etc., etc., blah, blah, blah----but increasingly it’s just purely pro forma, so clearly insincere as to be meaningless, theatre of the absurd.

David Duke’s endorsement was “disappeared” after, probably, a stern telephone call from one of Rupert Murdoch’s attorneys, but screen shots are forever. David Duke understood what Laura was talking about.

Hell, Ol’ Rupe (himself a toxic white supremacist) understands perfectly well what Laura was talking about. So does the rest of the Fox nighttime lineup, including Tucker, Jesse, and young Seanie: so do the Fox viewers: so does every Republican politician and voter in America.

This is white supremacism just barely veiled. In the racist dance of the seven veils they’ve been performing for decades, the Republicans are now down to the last veil, and it’s pretty damn sheer. They keep up the pretense purely, by now, as an act of trolling, a sort of moral striptease, and not out of any actual sense of shame.

2 Likes

Yes, Laura, I remember the good old days, when a foreigner could not own a US broadcast station, unless he renounced his foreign citizenship and (with the help of Newt Gingrich) became an American citizen.

1 Like

I think this is an example of what folks call the FOX bubble. She lives in it and I guess like a duck that thinks everyone has webbed feet thinks the rest of us are bubble brained. There’s no interpretation of her words that aren’t racist and white nationalist. besides her audience sure as shit doesn’t want to listen to how great diversity and inclusiveness is. I think this statement is worse than the first. Her initial statement was repulsive but it was honestly her. This second is a self serving lie that insults all the folks she didn’t in her first remark.

1 Like

You are on to one of the biggest contributors to American political decay. Rupert Murdoch. When they write the history of America’s fall he’ll be all over chapter one.

1 Like

Yes, I thought so, but I was attempting to drill deeper.

“The purpose of last night’s angle was to point out the rule of law…”

The rule of law? You mean like:

• Laws that forbid racial and religious discrimination?
  • Laws that guarantee a woman’s right to choose?
  • Laws that make hacking emails illegal?
  • Laws that bar Russian political contributions?
  • Laws that ban emoluments to a President and his family?
  • Laws that require Americans acting as foreign agents to register?
  • Laws that prohibit hiding income offshore or cheating on taxes?

Funny how Laura thinks some laws are more equal than others.

2 Likes

I had this conversation with a friend the other day… no one thinks they’re racist. That lack of self-awareness runs deep…

“I’m not a racist; I just don’t think people of different ethnicities should be allowed to marry!”

Or my favorite recent example, Roseanne Barr: “I’m not a racist, but now that people are calling me that, I’m afraid of what all these Brown People are going to do to me…”

1 Like

Wish Trump put a tariff on peroxide.

1 Like

So she sounds the trumpet for racism and then doesn’t like it when the racists show up to clap for her. Sure thing, Laura.

2 Likes

She obviously doesn’t understand the meaning of the word “demographics” … probably can’t define “stoopid” either.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available