Discussion: House Passes Measure To Expedite Trump Oversight Legal Fights

2 Likes

YES!

And may “I’m done with Trump” be the most popular summer anthem ever

16 Likes

Any R’s vote yes besides (I assume) Amash?

5 Likes

Waiting for “More Slow-Walking” posts in 3…2…

10 Likes

I’ve become religious today, well, for 3 minutes.
I prayed for the Baby Trump blimp permit to be granted, to make for a great July 4th :pray:t2:

12 Likes

“It also reflects a moment of unity for the Democratic caucus”

Not if Team Unicorn can help it. Enter ramped-up butthurt, stage left…

I’ll go with a pre-emptive one of these this time:

8 Likes

O this is good. I love this - good move!

15 Likes

Fuck permits, just do it anyway. Pretty sure Freedom of Assembly is right up there with the 2nd Amendment as a fundamental Right.

14 Likes

O/T: Tears for Thailand.

U.S. Women are whipping them 10-0 and there’s still ten minutes left in the game. Feel bad for the poor kids.

ETA: 11 12 13-0… Ouch.

5 Likes

Based on the numbers itself, it could be party margins. There are 235 Democrats and 199 Republicans.

2 Likes

This move makes sense. I think it also helps shield democrats in swing states from having to vote every time they need to take court action.

20 Likes

That must be baby Shaft, cause he’s one bad mother… [shut yer mouth]

…I’m talkin’ bout Shaft!

4 Likes

Now now, you know as well as I do that requiring a permit is Constitutional. Besides, why give Trump the talking point of it being torn down by police?

2 Likes

I just read, straight party line, no defections.

4 Likes

Is this the same legislation that would allow a committee chairman to go straight to a judge to order grand jury testimony be released?
Or is there another vote on this coming?
I took a nap and missed a lot.

2 Likes

yes, except fatso blimp could be taking up too much airspace… (I assume that would be the argument against it…)
Same way the waddling-around WattleTwat does wherever he goes, though.

Also, I bought a balloon replica online -hilariously, made in China- and I walk by Trump Tower with it at least once a month, as I live 2 blocks away. Just feels good, and the correct 5 yr old emotional level of protest. :rofl:

6 Likes

This is excellent news.

3 Likes

Oh, think of the video coverage of them taking it from protesters… Would be all over the news, even Fox News.

We’d get much more exposure for it that way than as part of a permitted process.

It’s amazing that permits are considered to be constitutional despite them infringing on the right to freedom of assembly, yet we can’t ban AR-15s because of the 2nd Amendment.

Next argument that the Supremes are a lawless bunch, no matter what law professors claim to generations of law students.

6 Likes

DNC Bumper sticker. please…

4 Likes

Are you suggesting that, finally, the slow-walking has ended?!

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available