Discussion: House Passes Measure To Expedite Trump Oversight Legal Fights

Meh…we’d see even more of it on Faux News as a way of feeding their “libs getting owned by Trump” narrative.

I’m pretty sure the case precedent allows us to ban AR-15s and other pseudo-military grade weaponry. The problem is political.

6 Likes

Irony is thick on the floor!

3 Likes

BYOB (and extras to hand out!):

10 Likes

Exactly. Trojan horse. Their supporters would see him depicted as a whiny baby for the first time.

Only because they’ve not got a case in front of them asking for it in a while. 5-4 absolute right to have one, guaranteed.

2 Likes

OT, but just one more thing to twist Donnie’s bigly shorts…

5 Likes

Ha…those are great…I want one.

3 Likes

The only ones that can force Speaker Pelosi to change is congress itself. The people want her to proceed but she could give a care about the more than 50% nationwide. Majority rules, but not in this case.

1 Like

Fuck the the airborne Blimp…

Impeach the other one. He is getting on my LAST NERVE. The DOJ is not supposed to be Trump’s personal law firm.

8 Likes

Suggesting it’s never been happening. Reality is slower than some peoples’ fantasy world where Pelosi has a magic gavel with mysterious powers.

16 Likes

I’m all for suggestions.

As you say, some are more justified than others.

2 Likes

That would go against everything Scalia wrote in Heller starting on page 54 where he discusses the long-standing precedent that we can reasonably regulate the types of weapons available. It’s the wholesale banning of ANY gun ownership that was thrown out in that case.

1 Like

It’s shaped like a giant nutcracker, and has the ability to make grown men cry.

24 Likes

And that would stop them why? He’s dead.

1 Like

Partly it’s been much worse, all that talk, since Mueller failed to singlehandedly abate the nuisance. The sour complaining went soaring. But that certain contingent you mention was doing the same stuff since 2010. The Dems won’t fight, they would snarl. Fight how? you’d ask. Do what, to make this big fight? Never any specifics. They just had to fight and everything would be fixed. Never mind the essential fight is the voting and if you’re outvoted by a solid bloc every time there you are. Nope nope they had to fight! So, so tiresome. If you haven’t learned by whatever our median age is here that stuff takes a long time, especially when you factor in your disadvantages, you may never really hoist it aboard. Shaking my damn head.

12 Likes

While this sounds like good news, we all know what’s coming next. The House takes a Trumpist to court. The court orders the Trumpist to comply with the subpoena. The Trumpist doesn’t appeal the ruling - he just fails to turn over the subpoenaed material. What happens next?

1 Like

Some lawmakers have warned that, without an impeachment inquiry, they’ll be handicapped heading into certain courtrooms.

One reason why an impeachment inquiry is a good idea & how “what we have now is [NOT] basically the same thing.” But, this move is one in the right direction. Piecemeal drawn out contempt battles is a run out the clock mechanism. There are going to be a lot of investigations here. Need to streamline the process.

well, there’s this…

as I noted last night, the deal nadler announced said nothing about executive privilege. and now, it turns out that the White House is gonna get a veto on what the Judiciary Committee gets to see…

2 Likes

That depends on the court. Courts can put people in jail. Congress can’t.

6 Likes

If I lived closer to DC, I’d buy a gross of them, and hand them out on the mall…

ebay has them cheap… $11.34 for 10 of them…and free shipping!

2 Likes

Frog march, blindfold, a cigarette, and a well armed militia…

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available