Discussion: House OKs Another Bill To Reopen Gov't That's Likely Doomed In The Senate

1 Like

I wonder if some false rumor about this was behind the spike in the Dow. It was in and out of negative territory most of the morning, then it spiked up 248 points for no reason. Now it’s only up 72 points. No financial news was scheduled to be released this afternoon.

5 Likes

“Waaa, but the Democrats won’t negotiate with me! Waaa”

6 Likes

The bill would reopen the government through Feb. 28, but appears doomed in the GOP-controlled Senate and faces a veto promise from President Donald Trump.

Why is this not seen as a benefit? If McConnell won’t bring it to the floor, broadcast that far and wide. “The Federal Government is shut down because Mitch McConnell won’t allow a vote to reopen it.”

Put the pressure on McConnell! Then if he does allow a vote and it passes AND Trump Vetoes it broadcast THAT. “Both house of Congress passed a measure to reopen the Federal government but President Trump doesn’t want the government to funcition.”

Endless loop in every market. Why is this so hard???

20 Likes

I really don’t think that a recorded vote against reopening the government will help out the GOP here… once again they are strategically myopic.

16 Likes

Oh, and if the Veto Override vote fails, add the names of those senators and/or representatives that have voted to keep the government closed.

13 Likes

Republicans objected, saying they wanted a roll call tally.

“I got a phone call from the President, who was studiously monitoring the vote on FOX News,” House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy later explained. “He told me ‘Steve, I want a list of all the traitors.’ That’s why we’re demanding the formal tally.”

20 Likes

There’s only one traitor in this picture: Dumbo Don the Con!!

5 Likes

Keep doing the right thing, Madam Speaker; it makes you look so much better than the Dotard. (Not that it’s a fair contest, mind you.)

6 Likes

Fine. Make them stay in town and do the roll call on Friday.

5 Likes

I’ll never understand why they don’t just say, immediately at the time, “you want a roll call? Well, okay then” and just … vote? It’s less than 500 people. It doesn’t take that long to count them.

4 Likes

McConnell will then whine “Well, I don’t wanna and you can’t make me.” He’s just as much a man-baby as Trump is

4 Likes

Can you imagine republicans of the past 25 years doing anything like this in response to complaints from democrats?

8 Likes

Well , the Senior GOPerverts ARE getting paid .

1 Like

Exactly my thought. They are being treated well.

2 Likes

Hahahaha!!!

6 Likes

That was supposedly due to a rumor about Trump getting rid of the tariffs he imposed on China, but no one seems to have any confirmation of that.

4 Likes

This might be to help 2020 prospects of some in not so red districts to vote, and have tallied their vote to open the government.

I hope the number of defectors will have increased.

3 Likes

Robot’s Rules of Order.

1 Like

Let’s get the Republicans on record supporting Don the Con’s shutdown every opportunity.

6 Likes