Discussion: House GOP Plans Another Vote To Repeal Obamacare Next Week

Discussion for article #232561

JOBS JOBS JOBS… our first priority is to get the economy back on track… how broken does this record have to get?

10 Likes

Every time they stage one of these votes to gratuitously inflict harm and suffering on people, many of whom are their constituents, I ask myself “what the fuck is wrong with these people?” And every time I do that, the answer comes back: “they keep getting reelected.”

12 Likes

OT, I know, but In some good news – and I hope TPM reports on this – 10 Democratic Senators have signed a letter to the President indicating that they will not vote on an Iran sanctions bill until the March 24 deadline for establishing a political framework for the nuclear agreement.

The senators are Robert Menendez (D-NJ), Chuck Schumer (D-NY), Richard Blumenthal (D-CT),
Gary Peters (D-MI), Bob Casey (D-PA), Ben Cardin (D-MD), Chris Coons (D-DE), Joe Manchin (D-WV), Joe Donnelly (D-IN), and Debbie Stabenow (D-MI).

The fact that Menendez is part of this is especially gratifying, as he was a sponsor of the bill.

6 Likes

Sigh … I’ve been missing these votes. Life has been so … so … well, empty and meaningless without votes to repeal Obamacare. I’m so glad the Republicans have come back to what really matters!

5 Likes

Keeping count of how many times these idiots have voted on repealing all or part of the law has created countless jobs for math graduates.

3 Likes

This time for SURES!

2 Likes

This is actually kind of interesting. In the past these votes have been pretty meaningless because they’ve just been ignored by the Senate. Now that the Senate is Republican controlled, they’ll be under considerable pressure to do something about it. What they will do about it may be entertaining. If they pass it as well without adopting something serious to replace it I think it will be a huge black eye for them in 2016, and the President will just veto it anyway so it will be meaningless.

So what else can they do? I suspect they’ll just try and shuffle it around long enough it looks like they’re doing something and hope everybody forgets about it.

2 Likes

I suspect they’ll just try and shuffle it around…

That pretty much describes their governance policy for the next two years…shuffle papers that have bills on them between the House and Senate, blame the Prez, then hope people forget they’re even there.

2 Likes

Every time they do this initiation rite for their new spawn I have to wonder,“Why stop there?”

Why not give them a whole bunch of idiotic, no-go bills to show back home like a kid with a report card?
Give them bills to deport all illegal immigrants, to ban Muslims from government jobs, to outlaw unions, to do away with all gun laws, to ban gay marriage, to fly the Confederate flag on the Capitol, to teach creationism, to do away with school lunches, AFDC and Medicaid.

Isn’t that what their supporters want? Give 'em a chance to vote on it.

7 Likes

Remember two years ago, at the start of the previous session of Congress, Boehner scheduled an ACA repeal vote for the benefit of freshmen Congressmen because they wanted to have a go at it?

Is voting to repeal Obamacare going to be some kind of rite of passage of wingnut legislators, like getting your wisdom teeth pulled, losing your virginity, or getting a driver’s license?

10 Likes

They must think their approval rating cannot get any lower. They are wrong.

2 Likes

We are the party who respects life so much that we are determined to outlaw abortion. We also have no problem with repealing the healthcare plan that was originally a construct of conservative think tanks and might save many lives. We also have no problem with capital punishment, war and of course the rights of irresponsible adults to have guns lying around that innocent children can get their hands on and use to kill or maim themselves or others.

We do this because we are the party of life.

2 Likes

You beat me by one minute with your comment!

2 Likes

You got it!!

I would hope that the Dem majority will not filibuster it and make Kelly Ayotte,Pat Toomey,Marco Rubio,Ron Johnson,Mark Kirk,Rob Portman and Richard Burr vote yay or nay.

3 Likes

I wonder how they are going to explain that to all the people (26 million plus) who now have health insurance? But, unfortunately, as NC Steve says, a lot of the folks who now have it, will probably keep voting against their own self-interest. This is where the Dems need to be proactive and in no uncertain terms start talking about what the GOPers are up to.!!!

Not surprising–they’re still trying to abolish Social Security.

5 Likes

Yeah! Fucking idiots

well, its about time. now they are finally doing something. maybe the senate will pass it too. then obama just might sign off on it. or, then again, it might just be a big fucking waste of time.

1 Like