Discussion: Hatch Walks Back Remarks On Hush Payments: Those Comments Were 'Irresponsible'

a “poor reflection of my lengthy record of dedication to the rule of law.”

Everybody’s a comedian, I guess.

15 Likes

“I don’t care” do you, Orrin? The clearest evidence of the GOPs dementia.

6 Likes

Take my wife… please.

3 Likes

Or in Hatch’s case:
Take my sister-wife…please

3 Likes

Orrin - at this point either you walk around everyday concerned about the ethical quality of this president’s actions - or you are brain dead …
seriously … when word of unsavory discoveries about Trump come out , or reports of actual inappropriate actions hit the media - You look like an ignorant demagogical buffoon when you snap out knee-jerk harsh dismissals of the information.

7 Likes

I think there is going to have a time when you look at the individual directly on that issue. When I was young, people my current age more than not looked used up, tired and ready to fade away. I find too many people of similar age today who defy those expectations. This is one of the reasons I dislike broad statements on age and calling people oldsters and the like. Medicine, General Health, better education and choices have changed aging quite a bit.

7 Likes

Some Hatch staffer is trying to cover for the Senator’s lethal combination of venality and dementia.
Too late.

7 Likes

“poor reflection of my lengthy record of dedication to the rule of law.”

Clearly, Hatch doesn’t care. So why the walk back? Who could have spoken to him to provoke a pretty serious mea culpa?

8 Likes

I don’t think he has dementia, rather he has lost his filter and says what he thinks, without the ability to think about how it sounds. Then he goes back and his staff shows him what he said and he realizes it sounds bad. As far as Hatch is concerned Trump is finally sticking it to the brown people and the Libs, and he is down for anything he does. He is now just letting it all hang out. Hatch would have been down with Hitler were he in 1930s germany.

What has been wrong is the perception that Hatch was not a partisan hack. He was and is.

4 Likes

Good luck trying to convince Trumpsters otherwise.

5 Likes

Wow… Just as perfect!

It sounds like he doesn’t want his record to show his initial response to what he likely knows is coming. Legacy may be on his brain.

2 Likes

Aging can be liberating, as anyone younger than about 40 can attest after spending more than about 5 minutes around me. Personally I don’t understand why people younger than that are allowed to leave the house except to work.

2 Likes

It’s too late to salvage his legacy.

3 Likes

Orrin is sadly looking a lot like Reagan in the last months of his tenure. Except a lot grumpier and holier-than-thou.

2 Likes

Darlin, Orrin sat there on his committee and put on a pair of glasses that nobody else could see a year ago. He has dementia.

7 Likes

Hey now, I’ve searched in vain for a hammer I was holding in my hand. Lay off.

4 Likes

Hardly anyone I know feels comfortable having an occasionally lucid octagenarian as a Representative in the Senate…his support of the Don at every turn makes a mockery of his claim that he was a long time proponent of the “rule of law”. I’ll bet he just forgot .

6 Likes

No argument, but considering the Republican mentality is if it is said, it is so and examination of their record and actions irrelevant, I can see him going there. So what is the defining moment that pushed him?

2 Likes

While I don’t mean to sound ageist (I’m no kid myself!) Hatch is 84 and we just don’t need people that old in DC. Robert Byrd and Strom Thurmond should have retired way before they did.

8 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available