Discussion: 'Hamilton' Actor On Pence Dustup: There's 'Nothing To Apologize For'

Because they escaped Fascism?

2 Likes

Of course since Trump is afraid to have press conferences, we can only surmise what he thinks through Tweets, which there are no real point in replying to, because he can’t handle the scrutiny of ongoing conversation.

I still say impeached before his 4 years are up. He’s too sloppy with the conflicts of interest and he’s destined for indictment.

2 Likes

I thought dubya failed miserably at each and every press conference he held or at anytime when he spoke without notes. trumpet is simply incapable of holding a press conference on topics which will be unfamiliar, to move from subject to subject and give answers that are coherent. He’ll adjust the mike 8 or 10 times, he’ll wave his arms, we’ll hear all the superlatives he hurls out, the best, the biggest, second to none, but the content will be as substantial as cotton candy.

4 Likes

Because they hurt Nazi fee-fees, of course, God…

1 Like

Haven’t most ā€˜elects’ gone to the mic in the 1st week?
Standing by a car with one’s thumb in the air to shouted, unheard questions isn’t a presser…

1 Like

Then…if a reporter challenges him…he’ll lean into the mike and say:

ā€œwrongā€

1 Like

Could Melania’s prolonged NYC stay signal an inability to secure appropriate clearances for certain areas of the White House?

I rather enjoyed Alec Baldwins ā€œtwitter stormā€ or whatever it’s called

4 Likes

I just don’t think she wants to do this and prefers the golden ā€œsplendorā€ of Trump Tower

I think she fails to hit the right marks for clearance…

Love Baldwin’s response.

The more Trump whines and reacts negatively, the more he will be ridiculed. He is so ill equipped to deal with the intellects that will continue to skewer him. What a rude awakening it will be for a guy who thought winning would make him invincible …. who really thought that tweeting ā€œApologize!ā€ would fly.

I guess I should just get used to saying what seems to be a daily (and appropriate) mantra, which is, ā€œWhat an asshole!ā€

4 Likes

Ohhh…See? It’s really DIFFERENT when you read all the FACTS, and see a fantastic story of opposite sides of a political coin having a big, bold, thoughtful exchange of ideas, rather than clickbait people like Michelle Malkin, and Joe Scarborough are foaming at the mouth (and Twitter) over!

Words and actions in a political campaign matter. Never forget the terrible stuff he said. Don’t let anyone forget. I have never forgiven Poppy Bush for Lee Atwater and death penalty rallies. Let them hear you.

2 Likes

ā€œNo puppet. No. No. No, the press corp is the puppet."

@clare I’m taking the position that the only way to treat him is to mock him. We can’t un-elect him, we can’t modify his expected behavior, and if mocking keeps me sane, I’m all for it.

7 Likes

The feeling is mutual.

3 Likes

Who was the Republican(s?) that blurted something out when sitting president Obama was giving a state of union address? Trump is such a fucking pussy when he doesn’t get his way or someone points out his bull shit. He doesn’t know anything about rejection…yet I hope…

1 Like

Congratulations to the Tea and Crackers Party!

You picked someone who shares 95% of the wealth with the .1% to help you fight over .0005% of the wealth shared by the lowest 20% who deigns to even be spoken to by the likes of you.

But, you know, if the Queen of England is ever in town she should drop by.

Slight correction

Tea and White Crackers Party

3 Likes

Yeah, the people who are in a musical celebrating the founding of America made a respectful statement and request to the newly elected VP supposedly of the people about the very values that this country was founded on, and the the cast is supposed to apologize for standing up for those values.

At this rate, Trump and Pence are going to shut down any and everything that is used to criticize or satirize them.

The noise machine is cranked up to 11 and it’s going to stay there.

1 Like