Discussion: 'Hamilton' Actor On Pence Dustup: There's 'Nothing To Apologize For'

OMIGOD…this is how ‘mature’ people act in this country. I guess The Donald doesn’t ‘get’ that.

15 Likes

NIce! Even Pence’s response was cool, but the impending ‘Leader of the Free World’ has nothing more important to do that call out people for what he believes is inappropriate conduct regarding the image of his campaign? Between all his meetings to get more business trading on his PResidency…

8 Likes

Funny how one of Donald’s most cherished goals, to be accepted and recognized by the Manhattan elites, just keeps dancing further and further out of his reach.

21 Likes

I will leave to others whether that was the appropriate venue

Aw, Mary Worth likes to keep her hands clean.
The whole bit was a set-up, Pence played his part, the actors theirs and Trump got his distraction…

1 Like

HO considers himself so Lincolnesque - perhaps an evening at the theatre, Mr. Trump?

1 Like

There’s 'Nothing To Apologize For’
Except …
We apologize for upsetting the Whiny little bitch who feels compelled to respond to every little perceived slight with a tweetstorm like a 13 year old girl.
Trump
No balls at all
No left one
No Right one
Not even a slight one

4 Likes

He thinks he now has the power to impose himself on them-like me or else; praise me or else; …

3 Likes

Did CBS have anyone on to talk about Trump settling his university fraud suit settlement?
Asking for a friend…

8 Likes

What’s concerning to me is that Trump has absolutely no idea how divisive his demands for an apology is. There is not an ounce of nuance in that thick skull.

4 Likes

Bingo! How about an apology for the 6000 people you defrauded with your fake “university”

7 Likes

And I love how one of Trump’s tweets says of “Hamilton”…“I’ve heard it’s overrated”

Yeah…right…just the hottest ticket on Broadway.

What a putz.

4 Likes

Well the voters gave the bull in a china shop more electoral votes…but according to Mythbusters bulls are more ballerina than Trump.

Americans don’t apologize for peacefully exercising their First Amendment Rights, and a President-elect should never demand that they do so.

9 Likes

Cheeto Donnie still thinks he’s a victim… he has yet to realize that becoming president means you’re fodder for EVERYONE that has a bone to pick or a grievance or a comedy routine…

and guess what? you gotta take like a man…

2 Likes

Trump is now demanding an apology from the von Trapp’s…

2 Likes

To state the obvious, he is a baby. A weakling. Anything and anyone that criticizes or opposes him is a loser. The Failing New York Times, etc. Anything or anyone on his side or who appears to praise him is great, like Putin. He appoints only people who have praised him to his cabinet. His kids - raised on and dependent on his money and privilege and ostentatious luxury, and destined to inherit millions and probably in the not too distant future, constitute his entire inner circle.

6 Likes

The idea that we have elected this petulant adolescent as President just horrifies me. I don’t think I can ever forgive my fellow countrymen for this.

I’m just shuddering at the thought of what will invariably happen - Trump in charge of an actual crisis.

7 Likes

I loved Alec Baldwin’s response to Trump calling for “equal time” this weekend over the most recent SNL satire.

Alec: “Equal time?
Election is over. There is no more equal time. Now u try 2 b Pres + ppl respond. That’s pretty much it.”

9 Likes

CBS executive chairman and CEO Leslie Moonves:

“It [rump campaign] may not be good for America, but it’s damn good for CBS,” he said of the presidential race.

Moonves called the campaign for president a “circus” full of “bomb throwing,” and he hopes it continues.

“Most of the ads are not about issues. They’re sort of like the debates,” he said.

"Man, who would have expected the ride we’re all having right now? … The money’s rolling in and this is fun," he said.

No one should expect CBS to address a serious issue like the trumpu settlement (where trump comes out on top) or anything to do with the incoming regime but instead asks a forthright, honest actor, someone with actual talent, to explain himself.

@left_in_washington_state

“All those guys, wearing silk pants, curly wool wigs in hot weather, all losers!!!”

3 Likes