Discussion: GOPers *Swear* They're Not Worried About The Trump-Schumer Meeting

Plan to go down with your ship, Captain Cotton.

4 Likes
15 Likes

Schumer will probably emerge with a full confession of Russian money laundering.

5 Likes

Whistling past the graveyard of their dashed dreams of 2018.

Run for office- the 2018 elections are 10 months away! And if Trump and Louie Gohmert and Steve King can get elected what’s to stop a qualified candidate?

Become a Precinct Committee Officer, sometimes it’s a Ward officer. You’ll meet with neighborhood Dems and get out the vote. Find good citizens willing to run for office.

Register people to vote. If you need to help people overcome the GOP-led Voter run-around help them do that.

Run for School Board. Make sure Civics is being properly taught. Think a majority of America knows how government works? Just 26% of eligible voters in America voted for Trump and half of eligible voters stayed home last November. Today’s 12-year olds will be voting for President in 8 years.

Run for Mayor, City Council, County Commissioner, Borough Assembly.

Get appointed to your Planning Commission. Know everything going on in your community.

Run for State Legislature or Congress. The next census is in 2020, just a year and a half from now, when we redraw Congressional Districts. And Trump is ALREADY trying to rig the census!

And get rid of GERRYMANDERING! Safe GOP seats gave us such intellectual giants as Louie Gohmert and Steve King. In most cases it’s the state Legislature that draws Congressional boundaries. Make it FAIR, OPEN and HONEST! We can do this!

Overturn Citizens United. Money is NOT speech and Corporations are NOT people- at least not until Texas executes one, and overturn any voter ID laws that are clearly an attempt to disenfranchise the poor and people of color.

“Those who would purposely mislead or seek to confuse others are bad people. Worse, they are evil.”
-Kathleen Parker

You Got To Run!

8 Likes

If this was a normal administration and Trump was a normal President, you could imagine something that is happening in the background. Since it would require rolling the immigration hardliners like Cotton, then they should be worried they are about to be rolled. Of course, this is not a normal administration and Trump is not a normal President, so I don’t know what to think.

6 Likes

This all makes Britain’s decision to exit the European Union look like a genius operation in comparison.

2 Likes

When I run into that brick wall of confusion I think about showering with Jennifer Anniston. Works for me.

1 Like

Ohhhh yeah. Florida sunshine, Diet Coke, a warm breeze on the fairway, Big Macs, gilded halls, fawning supporters’ attention on me, chocolate cake, groupies to grope… Oh, sorry Senator Schumer. What was it you wanted?

7 Likes

They’re confident, because they know that as soon as Chuck leaves, Kelly and Miller will be in there to make sure that any good is undone.

8 Likes

Any agreement with Trump is worthless. That Democrats have to pretend it isn’t and go through the motions adds insult to injury.

2 Likes

You know what they say: Live by the crazed orange motherfucker, die by the crazed orange motherfucker…

10 Likes

As they sweat bullets knowing that the one Trump really craves attention from is the Senator from New York and not the yokels that the GOP is.

5 Likes

GOPers Swear They’re Not Worried About The Trump-Schumer Meeting

Of course they are scared shitless that Trump is going to give away the store just to be able to go to his party in Mar-a-Lago…

4 Likes

They know what he’s like.

So do I - I heard him repeat Senator Feinstein’s idea she had just suggested, almost word for word and say Yes, that’s what we’ll do, we’ll pass a clean DACA bill first…

10 Likes

I think they could stop pretending now.

Yup, Schumer plays hard to get, Trumps wants him more, while Cotton is a date so cheap that he doesn’t even get a text the next day.

3 Likes

would the cleanest bill be a hand written cancellation of the executive (Sessions edict) order that caused the DACA problems? then approve the bill with six years of CHIP funding?

He may not even be late to his party???

3 Likes

I have no idea.

I think Senator Feinstein meant a DACA bill not tied to funding the government or anything else by “clean.”

2 Likes

Cotton keeps referring to the Dreamers deal — which 80 percent of Americans including allegedly Donald Trump — support as “amnesty for illegal immigrants.” What an asshole.

6 Likes

“Maybe the President will talk some sense into Senator Schumer…"
If anything it will be the other way around.

6 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available