Discussion: GOPer Warns No Same Sex Marriage Ban Could Lead To Incest Marriages

Discussion for article #224401

Another genius tea bagger. Where do they find these people?

16 Likes

You lost.

Get over it.

3 Likes

They’re like little insects crawling out of the woodwork. And their brains are the size of those same insects.

1 Like

“‘We can just do away with that state law the same way we did away with sodomy laws.’ Once you do away with that, you reveal what is going on here.”

That you guys spend way too much time thinking about the sex lives of other people?

22 Likes

keep talking arsehole as we are paying attention

I’m going to take a wild guess and say she’s a Christian who believes gay marriage is wrong because she’s a Christian, and she thinks opposing gay marriage makes her an even better Christian.

15 Likes

If you turn over enough barrels, you find the right kind of invertebrate.

1 Like

people is weird

2 Likes

FIFY, you miserable piece of detritus!

10 Likes

What a bunch of bullshit!

Hey she does have a colorable argument. If both sisters were lesbian and wanted to marry, the State could not deny a license because the prohibition of incestuous marriage guards against the problem of offspring of such a union, an issue not present in the hypothetical

4 Likes

‘Once you do away with that, you reveal what is going on here.’

Yep.
99.99% Pu®e, unadulte®ated, igno®ance.

jw1

5 Likes

Yes, and if you ban same sex marriage, it means you can ban interracial marriage, as well as marriage between a man and a woman. So? The fact that laws can change isn’t a bad thing.

It’s like they really do think our laws come etched in stone from God with any deviation leading to chaos, despite the fact that polygamy was totally allowed in the bible and eating pig wasn’t, and neither of these are the law of the land now. Seriously, anyone who thinks it’ll lead to chaos if they change laws obviously shouldn’t be in politics, as that’s what the job is.

6 Likes

So if two sisters marry, does that invalidate all other marriages?

Just trying to get the whiff of how mentally damaged this person is.

2 Likes

That’s a West Virginia joke, not Wisconsin!

2 Likes

They could deny it simply on existence of the law. That said, if they did want to get married, are both the age of consent, and (obviously) aren’t going to be creating children that may have problems and problems that the taxpayer could end up paying for, I really couldn’t care less if they did.

Now that they know they’re licked (pun fully intended), the Teabaggers will say any crazy old chit in order to please the Base.

As I was thinking about how Tea Partiers get to be where they are, my initial thought was that there might be a selection process involved.

But actually I suspect it’s a self-selection process. People with this kind of mentality naturally gravitate to the Tea Party because they know that they will be accepted there and be capable of a certain level of success.

I read about this in a college level sociology course when I read a paper called “Anomie and Deviant Behavior.” Its premise was that people who feel blocked off from success in society in general naturally gravitate to an environment or associates where they can achieve some level of success by standing out as exceptional in some fashion in that subset of society.

The standards for success in the Tea Party are pretty low, so many of those who are marginal performers in other settings can achieve a sense of achievement there and feel a certain level of success, and therefore satisfaction.

5 Likes