Discussion: GOP Sens To Introduce Bill To Give Some DACA Recipients A Path To Citizenship

2 Likes

Even if this bill gets a vote in the Senate, it’s dead in the House. These are seriously hateful racist people. Let’s stop pretending otherwise.

23 Likes

“… for some undocumented immigrants covered by the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program recently nixed by the Trump administration, McClatchy reported Monday morning”

Wanna bet this is especially for the military?

17 Likes

I was gonna say how fucking Magnanimous of you white boys

10 Likes

"Don’t you two understand? Next thing you know, they’ll be in San Diego!!!
None dare call it treason!!!

(Are three exclamation points plagiarism?)

2 Likes

Senators don’t have the luxury of gerrymandered districts, so somebody’s starting to get worried about blowback.

Good. It’s about time.

10 Likes

My America’s Grandstand wisecrack applies.

1 Like
The bill would require “extreme vetting,” a vague term
        often used by President Donald Trump

"Alright young man/woman, let’s check those cavities " …

" But I’ve just been to the dentist … and the doctor " …

" Oh … not THOSE cavities " —

4 Likes

What you mean there is not going to be a wall

2 Likes

Good that they are trying but…‘Former DACA recipients would have to go through several rounds of background and security checks, as well as pass a medical exam’…why does this sound so Third Reich?

11 Likes

The bill’s authors are expected to pitch the bill as a compromise…

Compromise? OK, get out the dictionary.

3 Likes

A medical exam? They have to pass a medical exam? What the actual fucking eugenics-lite fucking fuck?

15 Likes

“As long as it’s not by that Black Man in the White House, I’ll sign it!”

What’s the medical exam for? To see how much ‘Mexican blood’ they have?

2 Likes

First thing that poped into my mind was drug test?

1 Like

Perhaps the they want to know the location of the two " illegal" parents of each dreamer?

1 Like

When my daughter went to Vet School in New Zealand that government required the equivalent of a residency application for her student visa since it was a 5 year program usually leading to an offer of residency.

FBI report and local police reports fromher last two cities of residence
Finger prints
Full medical exam including chest X-ray and several cancer screens (since they have universal health care)

Just as a comparison. Maybe these or all of the comments about this are snark, I am somewhat challenged in that department.

2 Likes

Why do I think that the “extreme vetting” in this bill means that only Dreamers from Scandinavia and the British Isles will be covered?

5 Likes

Great, sounds like a good first step.

Steve King will demand the male Dreamers be castrated and the female ones be tested to prove their hymens are still intact.

3 Likes