Discussion: GOP Rep. Trusts God With Climate Change: 'He Can Take Care Of It'

1 Like

Holy Crap.

33 Likes

That look on her face is sickening.

37 Likes

Sure, just like we waited for God to eradicate smallpox and malaria. https://t.co/J1J3uc4sY7

— Rob Tannenbaum (@tannenbaumr) June 1, 2017
43 Likes

Well! God’ll fix it!

Follow up question to Rep. Dumbshit (R-MI)

What the hell is God waiting for then?

ETA: second follow up, why can’t we go ahead and spare God the trouble of “doing something” by working to fix it ourselves? I bet he’d like that.

18 Likes

I will pray that you are heavily invested in oceanside real estate.

11 Likes

The Genteman from North Alabama might want to re-read Genesis 7.

11 Likes

VERY scary. She’s clearly a batsh*t crazy fundie nut job and it totally shows.

15 Likes

He does have a point though. This is why there have never been any natural disasters or plagues in the course of human history–God always intervenes just in time.

39 Likes

God’s gotta be fucking pissed that these shitbags claim to represent him

7 Likes

Hey Congressman, why’d you run for office? Do you think you’re more capable than God to effect change?

30 Likes

I consider myself a devout Christian and trust that God has mysterious ways.

Nonetheless, my holy crapometer just exploded.

17 Likes

God will take care of it - the biggest multipurpose dodge of all time.

There’s nothing like a real hands-on problem solver. /s

14 Likes

brilliant

5 Likes

11 Likes

Like he took care of the dinosaurs with that asteroid?

I know I know, to troglodytes like Rep. Dingus here, the existence of both those things is debatable.

7 Likes

Same way he takes care of people with cancer?

8 Likes

Religion is a hell of a drug.

21 Likes

Will Ivanka withhold sex if Donnie pulls out of the Paris agreement?

5 Likes

…A little time later a rescue helicopter hovered overhead, let down a rope ladder and said. “The waters will soon be above your house. Climb the ladder and we’ll fly you to safety.”

“No thanks” replied the religious man. “I’ve prayed to God and I’m sure he will save me”

All this time the floodwaters continued to rise, until soon they reached above the roof and the religious man drowned. When he arrived at heaven he demanded an audience with God. Ushered into God’s throne room he said, “Lord, why am I here in heaven? I prayed for you to save me, I trusted you to save me from that flood.”

“Yes you did my child” replied the Lord. “And I sent you a canoe, a boat and a helicopter. But you never got in.”

25 Likes