Discussion: GOP Rep.: O'care Repeal May Not Have Enough Votes After Town Hall Pressure

1 Like

Oh- oh. Someone noticed that they pooped their pants. Not that millions of Americans hadn’t already smelled it.

14 Likes

Trump: This is Hillary and Obama’s fault. They are sending terrorists to Town Halls who demand Health Care. I will torture them by giving them ObamaCare with high premium and high deductibles. We have no solutions.

7 Likes

Not that they give one damn about the lives and health of Americans. It all has to do with 2018.

25 Likes

I know, right? Imagine listening to your constituents and representing their interests. You might as well call it the House of Representatives, if you’re going to do something that crazy.

38 Likes

“Rep. Mo Brooks (R-AL) on Thursday warned that some congressional Republicans may no longer have the guts to fully repeal the Affordable Care Act after facing pressure from constituents at town halls this week.”

Or, as the rest of America likes to call it, “Democracy”.

46 Likes

dog caught bus

hey repubes, where is the courage of your convictions? Where is the replacement plan you have been promising for 6 years? You guys promised more and better coverage for cheaper in your awesome plan that you haven’t been able to come up with in 6 years

four choices now, status quo (keep ACA), repube replacement plan (non-existent), return to pre-ACA system, medicare for all

thing is dickhead repubes, you had your chance to make the ACA in your vision with the assistance of the Dems and the President in 2008, you all chose to play politics, now reap the rewards

fucking cowards

27 Likes

" because these folks who support Obamacare are very active, they’re putting pressure on congressmen and there’s not a counter-effort to steal (sic) the spine of some of these congressmen in tossup districts around the country"

Dig it.

14 Likes

If I had godlike powers, I’d force people like this motherfucker to spend six months living on minimum wage. Just six months.

25 Likes

Come on you gutless wonders, repeal and replace already. Can’t wait for you to reap the whirlwind in 2018 when people find out your replacement plan really sucks.

Trump, this is not your smartest move:

18 Likes

So-called representatives (ahem) don’t have the “courage” to ignore the loudly-expressed wishes of those who elected them and can toss them out if they screw up. Clear the people are failing their leaders and must be replaced with a more pliant group.

8 Likes

I’ll take “Definition of Democracy” for $1000 Alex.

20 Likes

he believes “a significant number” of his colleagues “are being impacted by these kinds of protests and their spine is a little bit weak.”

Translation… I am scared shitless…

10 Likes

Of course, real leadership might be able to keep the caucus in line. But you guys have Paul Ryan, Kevin McCarthy, and that KKK lover…good luck with that.

3 Likes

Exactly so.

1 Like

Ha! Ha! Ha!

RepubliCANTs are spooked :flushed: about appealing ACA!

Keep it up guys!

4 Likes

Meanwhile:

White House blocks news organizations from press briefing

9 Likes

Hey, Cletus. Just tell your constituents you are beefing up the ACA with the money you aren’t spending on Obamacare.

12 Likes

Don’t get too excited.

They are going to kill it one way or another. It seems the current plan is to simply destabilize the insurance market driving the insurers out until it collapses and then saying, “see, we told you this wouldn’t work.”

10 Likes

Hey jackass, it’s Vox Populi. It’s more than just a setting on a pipe organ.

1 Like