Discussion: GOP Rep Likens FBI Probe Of Trump To A 'Coup': 'Absolutely Disgraceful'

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/V5J-aTZZmQ/SmOB0WYUmCI/AAAAAAAAAEQ/KKddceDYRj8/s320/gumby_blockhead.jpg

2 Likes

Know what else he thought was disgraceful?

2 Likes

Thank you, everybody. mattinpa will be here all week.

3 Likes

You think that was disgraceful, just wait til Mueller-time.

3 Likes

One of the things I’m encouraged by is the stuff said by King, Graham, Cruz, Paul and others is recycled from last year but it has much less conviction, force or verve to it. It reminds me so much of the Iraq war debate where each year the Bushies would say the same stupid things, but the energy level was lower, and you could tell that they were struggling with the consequences of what they had done. I traveled a lot back in those days and I don’t know how many GOPers would come up to me and engage to try to make sense of whether they had done the right thing when the US invaded Iraq. They were talking as much about their own judgment of the matter as much as Bush’s. I somehow found that a helpful if not hopeful sign.

4 Likes

What’s the story with Staten Island anyway?
How could they be THAT different from the other four boroughs?

3 Likes

What I detect is a greater and greater willingness to attack the CIA, FBI. A greater willingness to say things that would have been anathema to ‘conservatives’ just a couple of years ago. Lindsay Graham for example seems more unhinged than ever.

2 Likes

King’s district is in Long Island, or else I’m missing something.

During the troubles, Pete King worked tirelessly to help the IRA buy guns and bullets and bombs to kill civilians in Northern Ireland. He is total scum, a bigot with no integrity and a very big mouth.

Would not surprise me if he is doing this because Putin has pictures of him with his dick in something he shouldn’t. The founder of the IRA, Joe Cahill was a pedophile and was being blackmailed by MI5 for the latter half of the troubles.

3 Likes

You only see and hear what you want to, you screwed up paper bag-faced, actual palling around with terrorists turd.

1 Like

Staten Island is weird, but it has nothing to do with Pete King. Staten Island is in NY-11; King’s district is NY-02.

Staten Island was long known as the “red borough”. NY-11 is an R+3 district but was won by a Democrat in 2018. Things are looking up.

1 Like

which explains why you have 2 of these in your house

3 Likes

I share mark twain’s opinion of ants

It was worse last year and 2017. There was much more sound and fury. This sounds almost perfunctory.

Just imagine if one of the best presidents we had did anything, just one little piece of this nightmare, a tweet, a phone call, a secret meeting, where we would be today.
Yes, if Obama did .0001 % of what this moron has pulled off, we would be in the middle of our 2nd civil war.
The hypocrisy meter is beyond shattered and broken.

How much cash did the NRA put in this guy’s pocket? This is my new go-to default question about all of these mooks.

When I quit reading the NYT in the mid 1980s (over its subservience to the Likud Party on all things Israel and the Middle East and its subservience to Ronald Reagan on all things Latin American), Newsday was and continued to be, as you describe, fairly liberal to moderate. At some point, the Dolan Family that owns Cablevisioni and Madison Square Garden (and the two professional teams that play there), bought Newsday.

2 Likes

The difference between the FBI investigation and a coup is written into the US Constitution. Perhaps the honorable Rep has heard of that document?

1 Like

What’s disgraceful are Republicans like Peter King being Complicit in pushing the Coverup of the Trump and Russia conspiracy.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available