Discussion: GOP Rep. Blasts Trump For Ending DACA After Saying He’d Show ‘Great Heart’

Just over 30% of the US enlisted soldiers (military volunteers) are not US citizens - they are immigrants serving in our military in hopes of one day becoming citizens.

Trump himself dodged the military draft FIVE times…his 5th for flat feet or shin splints or some wimpy excuse.

How can Republicans stand and allow this to dontinue? Trump is immoral and tearing our nation apart.

As destructive and incompetent as Bush was for the nation and the Republican party, Trump is on track to killing both if he’s allowed to retain power. The Republicans need to step up and save our nation - IMPEACH the mentally sick Trump.

7 Likes

So Rep. Ros-Lehtinen, is retiring, that’s explains a lot. The issue of the dreamers now goes to Congress, Last time they refused to do anything about it. I want to see what Ryan and Rubio and the rest of the clowns they do once Breitbart and Limbaugh and Ingraham and the rest of the radio popinjays start yelling “Amnesty!” on anything other than deport all the “dreamers” right away .

9 Likes

Personnally, I think he smells that it could be big trouble for him, and he knows the press will be BAAAAADDDD and there will be huge protests about this and his numbers may fall even further. So he wants to let RAyn and McTurtle take the fall, while attempting to shame them into doing what he wants (à la healthcare).

Basically, it boils down to this: he doesn’t have the nuts to really take a real stand and deal with the fallout (which is why, among other things, he sends his bodyguard out to fire people…).

13 Likes

During mid-term election season.

See how great it is to have a 'pub in the WH, congressional GOPers? Aren’t you glad you “supported the candidate”?

Chickens ==> Roost

13 Likes

Bone spurs. But, when asked, he couldn’t remember which foot…

10 Likes

I think he has, once again, just placed his bull-self back into the Congressional GOP China shop. Support Trump or Support Dreamers - lose voters (the scale of how many from either direction) either way. Gin up the anti GOP sentiment from independents and younger voters with the escalating rhetoric which is undoubtedly going to ensue - but keep the drama - commentary - focus and thus damage in Congress - the GOP in Congress in particular.

If it were another issue, and not so vile in terms of the consequences for these young people, I would probably enjoy watching the show of GOPer eating GOPer. It is a bed the GOP in Congress made quite some time ago. But I can’t find joy in watching this show. Cruel.

Regardless of the political price (which I think will happen for most GOPers to some extent, however they vote) I hope the members find their humanity and do the right thing.

8 Likes

If only indeed. Maybe the whole male line could have been wiped out someplace like Amiens.

2 Likes

She finally realized that the ”great heart” was really a Great Fart!

2 Likes

And also by the way, there were multitudes at my inauguration, many, many people, far, far more than at that Black Man’s. I have the pictures to prove it …

2 Likes

You mean to say that Dumbo Don the Con is a coward? That aside from lacking brains, knowledge and empathy he lacks bravery? That, in short, Dumbo Don the Con is a first class cowardly creep?

Well then - I couldn’t agree more.

3 Likes

Hmmmmm…avoiding military service runs in the family. Wonder if Grandpa had bones spurs as well?

And, apparently, so does shady dealing, 'cause Grandpa then returned to the US and open up a brothel, IRC.

2 Likes

The GOP is an affront to common decency, a malignancy on this nation.

7 Likes

Slattery had a ‘Come To Jesus’ moment and he’s left that ‘soupergrup’.

Now this interests me, because it likely puts pressure on Evan Jenkins to either outdo him or get called out for doing nothing.

3 Likes

Paul Ryan said he was opposed to dropping DACA. So now Trump calls his bluff. Let’s see what Ryan and all these other naysayers do to legislate DACA over the next six months.

4 Likes

Modern day Republican: “Something,something,four more years of Obama, something,something,tilted e-mail server, something,something, government overreach, something,something, Gorsuch (which is more of a thing now, than it was last year.), something,something…”

5 Likes

13 Likes

Yes, immigration and deportations are hot-button issues in Greater Miami-Dade, and her daughter transitioned and is now a man.

5 Likes

What, no loyalty pledge?!?

2 Likes

9 Likes

I would place bets that Trump will offer to continue DACA in exchange for the Democrats agreeing to kill the Affordable Care Act.

4 Likes