Discussion: GOP Rep. Blasts Trump For Ending DACA After Saying He’d Show ‘Great Heart’

1 Like

Apparently his “great heart”: is the 6 month delay he promised. He is a cruel and sadistic man with never a th9ught to anyone other than himself and what he believes is his glory and fortune.

17 Likes

From Harper’s. If only…
From a letter written in 1905 by Friedrich Trump, Donald Trump’s grandfather, to Luitpold, prince regent of Bavaria. Trump had been ordered to leave Bavaria for failing to complete mandatory military service and to register his initial emigration to the United States twenty years earlier. Prince Luitpold rejected Trump’s request for repatriation; the family later settled in New York. Translated from the German by Austen Hinkley.

Most Serene, Most Powerful Prince Regent! Most Gracious Regent and Lord!

I was born in Kallstadt on March 14, 1869. My parents were honest, plain, pious vineyard workers. They strictly held me to everything good — to diligence and piety, to regular attendance in school and church, to absolute obedience toward the high authority.

After my confirmation, in 1882, I apprenticed to become a barber. I emigrated in 1885, in my sixteenth year. In America I carried on my business with diligence, discretion, and prudence. God’s blessing was with me, and I became rich. I obtained American citizenship in 1892. In 1902 I met my current wife. Sadly, she could not tolerate the climate in New York, and I went with my dear family back to Kallstadt.

The town was glad to have received a capable and productive citizen. My old mother was happy to see her son, her dear daughter-in-law, and her granddaughter around her; she knows now that I will take care of her in her old age.

But we were confronted all at once, as if by a lightning strike from fair skies, with the news that the High Royal State Ministry had decided that we must leave our residence in the Kingdom of Bavaria. We were paralyzed with fright; our happy family life was tarnished. My wife has been overcome by anxiety, and my lovely child has become sick.

Why should we be deported? This is very, very hard for a family. What will our fellow citizens think if honest subjects are faced with such a decree — not to mention the great material losses it would incur. I would like to become a Bavarian citizen again.

In this urgent situation I have no other recourse than to turn to our adored, noble, wise, and just sovereign lord, our exalted ruler His Royal Highness, highest of all, who has already dried so many tears, who has ruled so beneficially and justly and wisely and softly and is warmly and deeply loved, with the most humble request that the highest of all will himself in mercy deign to allow the applicant to stay in the most gracious Kingdom of Bavaria.

Your most humble and obedient,

Friedrich Trump

23 Likes

She’s at “70%” when it comes to voting with Hair Furor. Seemingly one of the sorta kinda sane GOP’ers…

6 Likes

Ros-Lehtenin is retiring. To see why:

“She also said she’s not leaving Congress because of her differences with President Trump or with House GOP leadership, though Ros-Lehtinen has been one of the most vocal moderate Republican critics of the White House and the conservative House Freedom Caucus. Ros-Lehtinen, who said she didn’t vote for Trump last year, has disagreed with the president on deportations, transgender rights and budget cuts, and with House Republicans on healthcare”

C.M. Guerrero
http://www.miamiherald.com

another reason why: she’s on the House Intelligence committee. She’s heard much more dirt on Trump than we have.

18 Likes

That’s not really “blasting” Rump especially for a Congresscritter who’s retiring. I’ve heard worse.

6 Likes

Pretty weird when GOPers are surprised to discover he has awful positions. After all, to the extent that trump even has policy positions, they’re all pretty much what he’s heard on Fox News, only with the volume turned up to eleven. They’re certainly not out of line with what the GOP has held as core policies for decades now.

That said, I’m glad when people like Rep. Ros-Lehtinen speak out. Either she’s waking up to the reality of his awfulness, which is a good thing. Or she’s adding her voice to the cacophony of critics, which is also a good thing.

8 Likes

Whoa! Are you telling me…

that…

…Donald Trump is a complete fraud whose entire life’s work has been 100% based on one repeated lie after another and that a majority of people in this world knew that since the 1980s and that it was the most painfully obvious thing in the world that he’d make shitty, liar of a President who would only seek to harm people for the petty applause of people who have the same brains that lizards do?

Shocker!

22 Likes

Trump is poised to reverse the program implemented by former President Barack Obama despite opposition…

This sentence opening can be reused for the entirety of this so-called presidency.

Amoral useless sociopath.

21 Likes

One cannot demonstrate “great heart” if one does not possess a heart.

10 Likes

Well sheeeeit Next thing you know you’ll be telling me elections have consequences and climate change is real

7 Likes

Always fits the new rule to a 'T"
What would a dick do?

13 Likes

It’s a cowardly move. With the six month delay, he’s essentially deferred the decision to Congress to fix it, where ironically enough, the issue should have been resolved years ago. But of course, a black man was President so…

I would think few Republicans really want to end DACA knowing the economic as well as personal disasters that would result, but they lack the courage of speaking truth to their base.

11 Likes

8 Likes

You’re a mean one, Mr. Trump!
You really are a heel.
You’re as smelly as a mattress
You know, the one you soaked with pee,
Mr. Trump,
You’re the prime offender, the bane of history…

17 Likes

Actually, after I got over my initial anger and disgust, it occurred to me that he has once again set up the Congressional Goopers for failure.

Instead of making the decision for them, he’s gonna let them turn on each other again, eviscerating each other while the Dems sit back and watch.

It’ll be like when my brother used to feed his piranhas – every so often it wasn’t just the goldfish that got eaten. Eventually, of the original twelve piranhas, there was only one remaining.

Donnie just threw one goldfish into the tank, and all the Goopers are hungry for a win.

19 Likes

So I looked up who and what states are involved in threatening to sue over DACA.
Ken Paxton - TX (big shocker, not)
Steve Marshall - AL
Leslie Rutledge - AR
Lawrence Wasden - ID
C.L. “Butch” Otter - ID Gov. not AG
Derek Schmidt - KS (also not a shocker)
Jeff Landry - LA
Doug Peterson - NE
Alan Wilson - SC
Herbert Slattery III - TN
Patrick Morrisey - WV
So many interesting names and surnames on this list.

7 Likes

I think you nailed it pretty well there…

4 Likes

Want to stir up further unrest, then do what Trump just did. It seems to be his only motivation on any given issue lately.

9 Likes

Or, or Donnie can’t handle another lawsuit, has seen the track record of the DoJ on defending his actions, and yes Donnie likes a good fight-Thunder Dome under the Capitol Dome. Does this make Donnie Auntie Entity?

2 Likes