Discussion: Giuliani: Wouldn't You Rather A 'Genius' As President Than A Woman?

I think maybe you’re missing the inherent sexism in the claim that she’s never done anything. Almost nobody would claim such a thing if a man had been, say, an ambassador, Senator, and then Sec. of State.

9 Likes

And smart people are only voting for Clinton because she’s smart. Conversely, …

5 Likes

… has anyone ever seen this weasel weasel as hard as he is for a spot in the Cabinet???..

2 Likes

Sez Me, with reservations, as I’m not sure who I am.

I wonder which family member is going to be the lucky one to care for dad. Worse things could be inflicted upon a person but having to listen to this old bore while whipping his chin off during lunch should get this person into heaven without reservations.

1 Like

Trump is a “genius” for avoiding paying taxes, but apparently he can’t use any of that brain power to avoid bankruptcy four times. Weird.

12 Likes

rudy, as trump’s advisor, reminds me of grima wormtongue in LOR.

7 Likes

Well, this is what I wrote yesterday in the taxes mega-thread. Maybe being a woman I’m more sensitive to these things, but there’s a world of difference between “a woman who” (your version) and “a woman, and” (what Giuliani actually said).

From the article:

Don’t you think a man who has this kind of economic genius is a lot better for the United States than a woman, and the only thing she’s ever produced is a lot of work for the FBI checking out her emails,” Giuliani told ABC’s “This Week.”

“Don’t you think a man…is a lot better than a woman, and…”

No, I don’t think I’m taking Giuliani’s words out of context here. He could have used the words this man and this woman to clearly refer to the candidates in particular, or something along those lines, without making it about their genders, but that’s not what he did. It’s “a man” and “a woman.”

Then there’s the “and” clause following the words a woman: in addition to her being apparently the inferior sex, she also didn’t “produce” anything, ever, in her public life. He is a New Yorker saying this about the woman who was his Senator during 9/11 (not to mention Secretary of State).

Campaign hyperbole is one thing but this is pure naked misogyny.

(New York, I’m tired of y’all looking down your noses at Texans electing Texas politicians.) :confused:

10 Likes

America’s Mayor Melanoma

3 Likes

His Royal Rear-End, A. Rectum, Running for Ruler of Constapatia…

2 Likes

Yesterday , Rudy, you said everyone is a cheater on their spouse. I take that as a personal insult and my letter is in the mail.

Today you insult women in general saying a woman should not be in high office because of her gender. I expect you would have gotten an ear full from Margaret Thatcher, Indira Gandhi, or Golda Meir on that point for starters.
I would hope every woman and man who cares about their significant other would take your comment to heart:

"Don’t you think a man who has this kind of economic genius is a lot
better for the United States than a woman, and the only thing she’s ever
produced is a lot of work for the FBI checking out her emails,” he
said, without referring to Hillary Clinton by name. "

Even republicans of the tin foil hat variety should be insulted by this comment.
edit
I would not think a man who loses $950 million in one year a genius at anything. I also expect that trump himself did not feel like a genius at the time. Rudy.

5 Likes

Trump: “I had the masses ready to hear my speecfiying. I was goim to tellz them that I like taco trucks as much the next guy, but Mexico on an enemy watch list is what’s best for business. Did I tell you what I told Rudy here about them Latinos? Some people say that Eddie Guerrero wasn’t human and every time there’s a crime in the community, it was one of Eddie’s kids who did it. So Viva la something, something.”

1 Like

There’s a rule in politics that you don’t use your opponents name most of the time. You don’t want to build their name recognition by putting it out there, so you say things like, “My opponent says this…” or you refer in vague ways that imply your opponent “Some people want to build a wall between us and Mexico, but I want to…”

Referring to your opponent as “a woman” is not the correct way to do this.

It makes you look sexist Giuliani… or rather, it shines light on your sexism…

5 Likes

Not in general Darcy. It’s Rudy in particular. The poor man has dementia I think. It’s very sad really.

1 Like

It’s projection. After all they are voting for Trump, because he is a man and he’s white…ish.

3 Likes

. "The man, in ‘The Art of the Deal’ this is described, first of all we are talking about 26 years ago, perfectly legal.

Brain farts before engaging thinking process.

George didn’t follow up? Well, color me surprised.

1 Like

Rudy: “You sir are right. My friend, Donald Trump isn’t really a genius. Donald Trump, the greatest conqueror since Cortes was also Horatio Alger in a past life. Look it up people, whatever Alger did in regards to comebacks, Trump did it better.”

Whatever. Trump still throws like a girl.

2 Likes

I believe the bankruptcy count is now a nice round half dozen.

4 Likes

To paraphrase Donald on John McCain:

He’s not a genius, He was a genius because he lost a billion dollars. I like people who didn’t lose a billion dollars.

9 Likes

I knew there was a reason why I was pissed off at George

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available