Discussion: Giuliani Shrugs Off Cohen's Crimes: 'Nobody Got Killed, Nobody Got Robbed'

“I am not a crook!”, Richard Nixon.
“This is not a big crime!”, Rudy Giuliani

That’s how the GOP has devolved further from its Nixonian low point.

29 Likes

Nobody got robbed? WE ALL GOT ROBBED, Rudy.

37 Likes

No murder, no foul.

8 Likes

FOX: Trump was simply helping Obama’s economy by paying free money to people. Liberals are just thankless.

4 Likes

This asshole needs to be disbarred— assuming he has not already been.

9 Likes

“The crime was small” is something I thought you usually only heard from lawyers after the verdict, during sentencing arguments.

Bold strategy, Rudy.

12 Likes

“Nobody died” - Well, we still don’t know the full story of what happened to Peter Smith, so I might slow my roll on that one.

“Nobody got Robbed” - SDNY and the Judge said the people were robbed by what Cohen did at the direction and control of Individual-1.

“This is not a Big Crime!” - Judge Pauley said otherwise. He sentenced Cohen to 3 years mainly as a message to other would be campaign finance violators (i.e., the GOP).

28 Likes

White collar crimes a good thing, eh, Rudy?

5 Likes

Rudy always lies…wonder if he knows what the actual body count is.
Next step is, “No American lives were lost”—already tried and tested!

8 Likes
20 Likes

Dumbest. Lawyer. Ever.

4 Likes

This is, of course, why white-collar crime is underprosecuted and underpunished.

If we took it seriously, Trump would have had multiple convictions on his record before he ever landed a TV gig or started a presidential campaign.

15 Likes

No longer a fan of the whole broken window policing thing , Rudy?

23 Likes

“That’s just a little ice”-Edward John Smith, Captain of the HMS Titatnic

5 Likes

What happened to the “no crime too small” Rudy?

Wikipedia: “Giuliani and Bratton presided over an expansion of the New York police department and a crackdown on low-level crimes, including fare evasion, public drinking, public urination, graffiti artists, and ‘squeegee men.’”

He was also a big fan of “stop and frisk,” where all you had to do was to LOOK like you might commit a crime. Someday.

21 Likes

Beat me to it. And nailed it cold.

3 Likes

New hashtag needed: “White collar crimes matter”

4 Likes

Seems like a pretty low bar there.

Also, I wonder if Rudy’s stance on “non robbing, non killing” crimes was the same when he was an attorney general & mayor.

3 Likes

“Nobody got killed, nobody got robbed… This was not a big crime,” Giuliani told The Daily Beast.

Aha! So it was a crime. Thus Ghouliani once again proves he is truly every criminal defendant’s dream.

19 Likes