Discussion: Giuliani: I Am Afraid It Will Be On My Gravestone—'Rudy Giuliani: He Lied For Trump'

I think the SCO’s actions in issuing a hastily worded non-denial of most of BF’s claims, and a partial denial of whether BF has ‘smoking gun’ evidence raise some doubts. That’s why I want our House to move forward aggressively, and I would like Buzzfeed to do a big time follow up with actual receipts that puts this more in the public sphere and takes any discretion on not charging Trump or other big fish out of Mueller’s hands. If there is one silo for all the information and the decisions on what to do with it, Rudy and Trump will get to it and suppress it. If you create a dozen silos, they can’t suppress them all.

10 Likes

I’m truly tired of the media picking up on tRump and his cohorts’ shiny object of the day. It could be an article, a tweet, an interview on Faux, a message through rightwing media that gets advanced, a Russian bot or twitter campaign to push a certain message for all I know, starting some new shit.

If there is bad news coming tRump’s way…there is always a shiny object to distract. If the news is reallllly bad…the shiny object becomes larger, sometimes a multi-tentacled hydra, or is compounded by several accompanying shiny objects that must be pushed out into the ether. Its such a worn-out, tiresome game being played on the public that you’d think these people who report on this stuff daily would have a better sense of how to separate the wheat from the chaff by now. You would think they would wait to see what would happen if they took a minute to see what else was coming down the pike that is a lot more worthy and consequential for the American public to know, that is no doubt not being reported because of these distractions. But after two years, that’s barely happened.

They let tRump and his lackeys control the media, even when they should know better and realize Rudy gave this interview to sow confusion in the first damn place. That’s his only job up until now…and he’s done a marvelous job for tRump in that regard. There’s no legal liability anyone has pointed to for certain that his lies will ensnare tRump in worse criminal culpability. His words only muddy the waters, which is the whole point to his bombastic statements about what tRump is allowed to do, and his now routine followup act that he was clueless when he made his initial comments. For Rudy, its wash, rinse and repeat using different examples. He gets away with it for now because he’s both tRump’s supposed lawyer with privilege attached and simultaneously his PR guy…even if the guy doesn’t make sense. That’s the whole point…to not make any sense. To the rest of us its crazy-making. To tRump and Rudy…its pure malevolent genius to control the news cycle.

7 Likes

At least we’ll know for sure which grave to pee on.

2 Likes

And yet…without a ‘blue dress’ - the average Joe will be long lost in the complexities. The smoking gun approach is holding out for something even the least interested and least informed can relate to in order to change public opinion.

If you hear true-believer donald-supporters – they really love this guy. (pass the air sickness bag please)

he’s not going to have to explain anything to saint peter

he’s going right to the other place where they have no one asking questions, they shove you right in

4 Likes

Maybe tRump will himself find a couple of hookers to pee on his grave when he tosses Rudy to the wind, as he does everyone else at some point. I guess in death, only then, would Rudy find himself in fine company.

1 Like

‘I Am Afraid It Will Be On My Gravestone—Rudy Giuliani: He Lied For Trump’

Not to worry, Captain 9-11…nobody will be able to read it beneath all the feces.

4 Likes

Not the worst thing that will land on his gravestone.

2 Likes

This proves my theory! There is a breed of elderly men, tRump, the Kochs, others, etc., that simply do not care about what happens to the world after they are dead. They will wreck havoc while they are here- spoil the environment, display ever possible ounce of hatred, vindictiveness, selfishness, all of it, while they are here on this planet. They don’t give a fuck what happens afterward. They don’t care about their kids either.

Women, not so much. There may be older women who act the same way, but I’m focused on the men who have all the power…for now…and simply can’t see beyond their own ugly lives.

1 Like

I think he meant Petersburg…

1 Like

“But, if it is, so what do I care? I’ll be dead…” the mantra of angry white males in charge everywhere.

The biggest mystery in all of this is why even someone as moronic as the Hamberdler is willing to continue paying Rudy for his awesome lawyering. It’s enough to make you wonder if Putin insists on it, so that the water will stay at a sufficiently threatening boil under his president.

I’m betting not a dime is passing between them. Gholani is doing it for the “glory”.

2 Likes

I disagree.

If “He lied for Trump” is not on his gravestone there should be crowd-sourced effort to make sure it is put and kept there. Have someone near the location have available bumper stickers for the asking to slap on it, for example.

1 Like

Knowing Trump, I am sure that is true.

This post needs to be repeated.

If Drumpf had used someone looking like Brad Pitt to fill Rudy’s role, Drumpf would be in a much worse position.

The reactions to Rudy invariably focus on geezer-numbskull metaphors.

Less accent on the chaos.

4 Likes

Take consolation in the fact that so many people will have pissed on your grave that the stench will be permanent. At that point no one will be reading your marker.

2 Likes

Best case for Giuliani, as for all of Drumpf’s minions, lackeys, errand-boys, toadies, sycophants and henchmen, is that they’ll all be buried in an unmarked grave somewhere, and totally forgotten by posterity.

1,000 likes

1 Like

Yes, because in the final analysis, you leave your mark on this world either through your integrity, or your lack of it.

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available